Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

Skeeing Comments & Requests

A while back I requested comments and requests, etc from people in what they would like to see in an ISP- more precise a no-frills/barebones ISP.

If you would like, please post your comments, requests and or suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

I hate to burst your bubble but unless you have a lot of capital (not on margin either) you aren't going to compete with the likes of TSI/Start/Acanac/etc.

BUT...

I would say one phone number, no hold times to actually purchase the services, well trained sales agents (or knows when to ask questions) and finally a good peering mix.

Most of all... Try and find a way to be competitively priced and loose the bulk (not all) of the 99$ bell activation fee.

Z
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

competing is no problem with those companies. I'm not worried about them. My business target is to cut the frills and the BS that other companies offer but people don't use, etc.

ie: news groups (people find those other places), email (gmail, yahoo!, MSN, etc), personal web hosting- again can be found else where when using your own personal domain, etc.

No frills means just that, don't expect someone to walk you through support reading a script.

As for services, I already have access to xDSL, FTTH, and cable with no problems.

LiQuiD
BSD geek
Premium
join:2002-08-08
Anjou, QC

1 recommendation

reply to zacron

said by zacron:

I hate to burst your bubble but unless you have a lot of capital (not on margin either) you aren't going to compete with the likes of TSI/Start/Acanac/etc.

I hate to burst your bubble, but you don't really need enormous capital to start up an ISP in Quebec/Ontario. You'd need enormous capital if you wanted to start a business and reach 100000 clients overnight, maybe.
--
Windows is the virus. Linux is the vaccine, FreeBSD is the CURE