Re: BeIn, Pac-12

What about Universal Sports?

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by navyson:

about as much chance as adding NASA. zilch.
dmodert66
join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

dmodert66

said by Greg2600:

said by navyson:

about as much chance as adding NASA. zilch.

You seem to be up on these things. What is the likelyhood of TWSports for Southern California? They now have exclusivity on ALL Lakers games (outside of nationally televised games). There will be an uproar once the season starts if they don't pick it up (not that it will do much good).

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by dmodert66:

You seem to be up on these things. What is the likelyhood of TWSports for Southern California? They now have exclusivity on ALL Lakers games (outside of nationally televised games). There will be an uproar once the season starts if they don't pick it up (not that it will do much good).

Up until last year, I would say zero chance. However, the FCC acted on the providers vs. MSG HD dispute, on the side of the providers. My point being a competitor cannot keep a sports network to themselves. So they MUST make a deal, how soon that happens, we never know.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

said by dmodert66:

Up until last year, I would say zero chance. However, the FCC acted on the providers vs. MSG HD dispute, on the side of the providers. My point being a competitor cannot keep a sports network to themselves. So they MUST make a deal, how soon that happens, we never know.

But that's all changing now again. The FCC is letting that ruling expire this year. Let's hope we don't lose any channels because of it, yet alone get any new ones.