Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to Kearnstd

Re: Worst Ways To Clean Your TV

said by Kearnstd:

One key thing to keep the streaks down is using two paper towels

Before you use a paper towel, make sure you are cleaning glass. Paper towels are abrasive and will sooner or later scratch or haze a plastic surface.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Dustyn
said by Dustyn:

said by livnthefndream :
"So bottom line is don't use furniture polish on your TV.....good to know. I also won't be smearing axle grease on my toast tomorrow morning."

I don't know about that, given the other tests she did and tone of the article she strikes me as the sort of dummy to try it more than once.

Many polishes (furniture) use silicone oils which give a clean smooth shiny (and slippery) surface. Unfortunately they also can soak into the wood making attempts to refinish the piece rather difficult. She was a dolt to even try it.

With respect to your other question about alcohol, as other said provided it doesn't contain additives such as oils or scent (check the label) use in diluted with water. A good mix is 30% Isopropanol, 70% water (preferably distilled). You could go as high as 50/50 mix however it tends to dry a bit too fast which can leave spots.

Tig

join:2006-06-29
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Dustyn
I've seen screens damaged by those " wet naps".
Best cleaner IMO, microfiber cloth and water. Then wipe with a dry microfiber cloth.
Since we discovered microfiber, we haven't used cleaners (with few exceptions where sanitation is a concern) You'll have to try it to believe it.

Forhad

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to Dustyn
I use GE 22557 Cleaning System. It works pretty well.

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to Dustyn
I simply do it with glass cleaner. No idea is it worse or not but works well.