Wily_One
Premium Member
join:2002-11-24
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

Wily_One

Premium Member

OK! OK! I give.

I still bet they don't have their papers...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

LOL!

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Alpha Phoenix

MVM

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Still not aliens. Humans!

I’m going to side with Wily_One on this.

I was watching NovaScienceNow last night. This was on Neanderthals. Neanderthal fossil specimens were first discovered in the Neander Valley (if I recall correctly) in the mid 1800s. This is in Europe. This subspecies within the genus Homo are related to modern humans but are not human and are presumably specific to Europe.

It is not uncommon, now that the Neanderthal genome has been mapped, to find Neanderthal DNA strand mutations within the people native to Europe. In other words, Neanderthals came into contact with humans in Europe and interbred successfully.

It is, however, uncommon for people of African lineage to have Neanderthal DNA traces since these are modern humans that remained in Africa and had no contact with Neanderthals in Europe.

Technically Neanderthals are alien to modern humans even if some have a closer relation to them then others.

The Observers are no more human then the Neanderthal subspecies within the genus Homo. Not human, therefore Alien,….

And,…..I think they have their papers. Its just that since they are from the future the date would also be in the future and we wouldn’t think they were valid,.....

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I'm really not liking how all of a sudden the show just jumps 20-something years in the future, and throughout all the show The Observers had no indication of being bad guys, yet all of a sudden without any substantial leading up to it, this season takes place 20-something years in the future, Peter and Olivia are now married with a kid (Wtf?! we skipped over the entire relationship, proposal, getting married, getting pregnant, and having a kid stuff?!), the Fringe team was Ambered, no explanation about how Etta just disappeared like that during the the blast or what happened to her, Etta just so happens to find them and free them, and The Observers are now the bad guys and have invaded and enslaved the entire planet?! No real leading up to it throughout 4 seasons; just, *POOF!*, there ya go. This is the story we are handing to you, regardless of continuity, just swallow it and roll with it.

Seems like the really just threw this whole storyline together this season just to end the series abruptly.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

Niarlan

Premium Member

Well...I think this season was going to be seasons 6's story line and they had to bump it up to give it the end they wanted...still I do understand your point. I'm betting on more flashbacks to fill in the story line they couldn't flesh out.

Nia

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean to Alpha Phoenix

MVM

to Alpha Phoenix
I agree but to a point.

It does seem like there are a lot of missing pieces that the writers need to reconcile. However, the observers seemed to always have some sort of hidden agenda. November (or was it October or September I forget) clearly had some difficulty following said agenda. Anyway, I feel that there were clues. The last appearance of November seemed like a harbinger of grave things to come,….IMO. If I recall correctly November gave Walter info on who the Observers are and something of a warning.

However, that whole amber thing didn’t really make much sense IMO. In a way it seems like the equivalent to sticking their collective heads in the sand.

I mean what kind of thinking goes into that? Fringe division is one of the few organizations with knowledge of the Observers (prior to the attack and occupation) and are the most capable of dealing with them so they devise a plan (presumably with the help of November) and then promptly amber themselves!?!

That only makes sense if there was a part of the plain that requires something that would only be available in the future.
IanR
join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC

IanR

Yup I go along with you.
Starting the final and 5th season I do feel like I missed a whole year of eps so decidely the producers expected 6 seasons and had to fast fwd to bring about a good final ending to the show. Unfortunate but at least it's not one of these series which ends suddenly with a whole storyline unfinished.

Meantime I get the uneasy feeling that there is a mole in the Fringe group and I hope it isn't the "daughter". That would be a sad twist...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
I think they ambered themselves as a way of hiding, kind of an emergency plan.

at the time it was like a war and they were being hunted so they had to hide.

I think its going along the lines of they skipped a lot so that they could raise the mystery because this way we the viewers don't know what happened and they can slowly reveal it, where as if they had done that it might have been less interesting of a season and we'd already be in the know and thus fewer surprises.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean

MVM

I got the sense of that too. A desperate contingency,...

A calculated risk. High risk at that. When in amber they cannot think or act which is their greatest asset. They cannot even free themselves from the amber since they are in a form of suspended animation and even if they could it doesn't stop anyone from finding them and imprisoning them before they can do so.

They were basically defenseless beyond the assumption that their whereabouts were unknown. And even that was suspect given that Olivia was acquired while still incased in amber.

There were 101 ways this could have gone wrong.

There was virtually no reason to think this amber plan would work.

That's not say its not still a fun ride though,.....

Wily_One
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Yeah I think this is just their way of explaining the Observer question to close out the series. Who are they and why are they here? Now we know. And yes I'm sure we'll get more of the backstory from the intervening years as the episodes progress.

As for the amber, it's just Fringe's version of red matter. This is JJ Abrams after all.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Speaking of JJ Abrams and that, I had a lost flash back watching 666 Park Ave.

A suitcase was opened and out of it came grey smoke [smoke monster JR].
Reason I thought that is because of Terry O'Quinn starring in it.

I had a chuckle moment there.

Wily_One
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Back to Fringe... what's with this teleportation ability the Observers seem to have? Are they using technology or is it some inherent ability?
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13

seems like their ability to just move through time the way we walk through a room. Doesn't explain why they don't have precognition of what will happen when they pop out, though. Why would you pop up somewhere if you knew you were going to get shot the moment afterwards?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I think they explained that.

there's a small window of time, ie if it were a normal gun they could dodge it, but those are hyper speed guns that fire to fast for them to dodge.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to talz13

MVM

to talz13
Maybe it has something to do with the uncertainty principle / Heisenberg principle. Probably not though. I don’t think the Observers know what is going to happen though. I think they know or are aware of the possible outcomes within a certain degree of precision.

Wily_One
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

FUUUUUUK!

My local Fox station decided to preempt Fringe for some show about the Giants, and my DVR did not record the episode. Anyone know how soon before tonight's ep is streamed?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Eight days after the airdate unless you're on some cable system that has some kind of deal with FOX.

»www.fox.com/fringe/full- ··· in-story

Wily_One
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Yeah that blows. Damn KTVU.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

I can let you stream it from me if you like If so, drop me a PM (You'll need to do two things on your end: install Plex Media Center, not the media server, and create an account at »my.plexapp.com)

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix to Wily_One

Premium Member

to Wily_One
There are other ways you can watch the episode you know.

Check your PM.

Wily_One
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

Wily_One

Premium Member

Yes, thanks guys - I found a stream to watch, so we're all caught up now.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Wily_One

Premium Member

to Wily_One
Just use hulu, it should be up the next day.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Fox typically doesn't release anything to hulu or it's own website for at least 7 to 9 days after airing. Their reason is because they want the rental, paid money before letting the "free" watchers get to see it. One reason why Fox programming is the most pirated out there.