uniqs
share rss forum feed

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

[MoP] How was it?

How was everyone's evening? Looks like a lot of you are still lagging.

Personally things went about as I expected. Lots of server lag in major cities and a ton of competition over quest mobs/items. I got about halfway through level 85 in about 2 hours of questing. I did both dungeons with no wipes. Temple of the Jade Serpent bugged out on my first run through, the second boss basically froze and the event never started. Overall it wasn't too bad, 13 million exp from 85-86 is a ton, but 122k per quest and 8-9k per mob make it tolerable.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
Was awesome. I got up at 3am, played until 7am with the DSLR folks, I got to lvl 86, and made about 1200g plus a ton of crafting mats. Good zones and quests, not over clogged, no real intense competition for anything.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
said by clawfury:

Was awesome. I got up at 3am, played until 7am with the DSLR folks, I got to lvl 86, and made about 1200g plus a ton of crafting mats. Good zones and quests, not over clogged, no real intense competition for anything.

I am so jealous at the moment!
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to McBrain
I pretty much couldn't do anything the first 20 mins, decided to log off and create a Panda, Wondering Isle wasn't laggy at all even with tons of Pandas running around, when I got notice that Org was stable and logged over and turned in the dailiies, trained my professions and let the toon ready for today.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to clawfury
I'll be on Nathrezim by the weekend. Kil'Jaeden was pretty ridiculous, it was tough to quest with 15-20 people camping named mobs and everyone aoe'ing to tag the mobs for the kill quests. I got to the airstrip quest line in Jade Forest before I retired to Org for the last hour or so to level Tailoring/Enchanting.

Being on a low pop server would have been awesome. I logged over to Nathrezim to make a Monk real quick, and when I came back, KJ was locked, lol.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to McBrain
Had my monk to 80 and in hyjal before 2AM CT... Made it about 3 quests before the 85 gank squads started swarming. I probably spent about and hour of my first 90 min online dead from campers, but one I made it a dungeon Iw as ok for a while. Sargeras was a madhouse though apparently for the new zone. Guild mates were trying inbetween dungeon queues to knock out the first quest of the zone. 3 hours into mop half of them still hadn;t completed that quest..

High pop is so much fun

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to McBrain
As I am a Time Warner Internet subscriber, I think the kids and I will have to wait. We've been having intense lag issues with WOW for the last week or so.
It's at the point now where it's not even worth logging into the game.

--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Arsinic
People we pretty good about forming quest groups on KJ. Hopefully it'll be better on there tonight.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to McBrain
I heard some of the quests you can't do in a group??? I thought I had read they took those ones out , but my pals were complaining.

Oh well... I tried multi boxxing with my dk, but trying to get quest items on 2 characters in hyjal, were the CRZ was in full effect was not happening. I eventually jsut decided to solo on the monk and have the hunter there to shit on the Illidan clowns that decdied to camp monks. Made it to 83 before work, was hoping to have been half way through 84 Guess for all the trouble I went through 83 wasnt that bad.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
I started around 3:00 AM just in time to get the group questing after the group finished the dungeons good thing is with the quest rewards I am able to queue for the new dungeons at least as DPS. It was a good run overall got half the way through 85 in around 2.5 hours.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
reply to McBrain
Did 2 dungeons , did some questing , got to 62% then had to go to work.

New dungeons seem pretty cake. I was #1 in Damage done on my DK tank for the instance.

Picked up 2 upgrades for the runs.

Can't wait to go home after work today and hit it full blast.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Do the normal dungeons use the new roll system where you roll against yourself?
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to McBrain
Chain ran the two new instances. I've got them down to about 3-5 pulls per instance now and can get them done in 12-18 minutes with solid DPS/heals.

Managed to hit 86 just from running those and doing a few entry level quests. Work had to go and get in the way though, so here I sit waiting for the whistle to go home and do some more grinding.

Sadpanda

@consolidated.net
reply to Jobbie
Mine was horrible, woke up at 3am to try and get some time in before work at 5. As can be predicted Gamestop screwed the pooch with their digital download cd keys and never received them..even to this moment. If it wasn't for having credit there I would of never of done it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Do the normal dungeons use the new roll system where you roll against yourself?

No. Normal dungeon system has a normal roll. I think the new roll system is only for LFR.

I loved it. It was the best launch experience yet. Well done, blizz... no redact the CRZ for my lowbie toons.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to McBrain
Got up at 6:30. Created a monk, sent BOA items to monk with some bags and a little gold.
Then logged onto main (rogue), turned all my dailies I was saving and got 2 bubbles from that, by then LFD que popped and ran brewery with PUG, no wipes and I got 2 drops and 2 quest items and a few more bubbles...not bad.

Then I left for work.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to McBrain
A minor aggravation associated with new expansions... log all of your lvl85 toons to start the rested xp going.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Skittles
hey skittles there arent any mail boxes on the wandering isle

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Arsinic
said by Arsinic:

Had my monk to 80 and in hyjal before 2AM CT...

What? You leveled a Monk to 80??! How is that possible?

Not sure if serious...
--
Tawnka - 85 Tauren Warrior - Frostwolf
Brawnx - 85 Human Warrior - Hydraxis
Pollux - 85 Human Paladin Hydraxis

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
He granted it several levels using RAF toons.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to McBrain
Yup.. Its chilling at 83 waiting for this 10 hour work day to end

I plan on being 87 before I sleep. On a side note has anyone else seen the new lelvel 80 and 81 blue boe gear from the new dungeons... ilvl 405 and 415 that oyu can wear at 80,81 resectively.. was half tempted to buy the leather pieces to speed up the monk leveling, but Im to stingy for that..

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN
Wow... ok.

I guess I dont fully understand how RAF works. I thought you just got increased xp.. I didnt know you could skip whole chunks of levels...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
The account that was recruited can grant the account that recruited it 1 lvl for every 2 gained starting when the accounts were linked. So his main account recruited an alt account. He joined the accounts... and then lvled up toons on his alt account. Made a panda, and granted his panda 40lvls from one of his 80s on the alt account.. then logged a different fresh 80 to grant another 40lvls.

edit: actually I think the level granting can go in either direction.

Arsinic

Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Pollux7777
For every 2 levels the Friend gains while leveling they can grant 1 level. This works up to lvl 80 so each level 80 friend character can grant 40 levels.

I dual boxxed and leveled an 85 hunter 82 dk and an 66 druid on the RAF account.. this was more than enough levels for an instant 80 monk..

Also people were able to create level 80 monks with scroll of ressurection. Needless to say there were a lot of monks leveling in Hyjal this morning..

At 6 am there were already level 85 monks on Sargeras..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
I saw an 83 monk on KJ at around 4:30 am. Sad thing is there will be server first level 90 monk before I hit 87.

Skittles
Premium
reply to cymraeg
Hey Cymraeg, where in my post did you read I was on wandering Isle?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
I am also guilty of associating Monk with Panda

Skittles
Premium
lol..ok I see. No, my monk is Human.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

hey skittles there arent any mail boxes on the wandering isle

What for? you can't mail stuff to a non-faction toon, until you choose faction you can mail yourself something, by then the wondering isle is nearly over, next step takes you to your capital

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
I think I need someone to teleport to the starting zone for Pandarens, drop me a mailbox so I can get my BoAs and roll out. Who's got me? Come on now ENGs, I know you are out there.