share rss forum feed

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to McBrain

Re: [MoP] How was it?

Yup.. Its chilling at 83 waiting for this 10 hour work day to end

I plan on being 87 before I sleep. On a side note has anyone else seen the new lelvel 80 and 81 blue boe gear from the new dungeons... ilvl 405 and 415 that oyu can wear at 80,81 resectively.. was half tempted to buy the leather pieces to speed up the monk leveling, but Im to stingy for that..

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

Wow... ok.

I guess I dont fully understand how RAF works. I thought you just got increased xp.. I didnt know you could skip whole chunks of levels...

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

The account that was recruited can grant the account that recruited it 1 lvl for every 2 gained starting when the accounts were linked. So his main account recruited an alt account. He joined the accounts... and then lvled up toons on his alt account. Made a panda, and granted his panda 40lvls from one of his 80s on the alt account.. then logged a different fresh 80 to grant another 40lvls.

edit: actually I think the level granting can go in either direction.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Pollux7777

For every 2 levels the Friend gains while leveling they can grant 1 level. This works up to lvl 80 so each level 80 friend character can grant 40 levels.

I dual boxxed and leveled an 85 hunter 82 dk and an 66 druid on the RAF account.. this was more than enough levels for an instant 80 monk..

Also people were able to create level 80 monks with scroll of ressurection. Needless to say there were a lot of monks leveling in Hyjal this morning..

At 6 am there were already level 85 monks on Sargeras..

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

I saw an 83 monk on KJ at around 4:30 am. Sad thing is there will be server first level 90 monk before I hit 87.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to cymraeg

Hey Cymraeg, where in my post did you read I was on wandering Isle?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

I am also guilty of associating Monk with Panda

Skittles
Premium

lol..ok I see. No, my monk is Human.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

hey skittles there arent any mail boxes on the wandering isle

What for? you can't mail stuff to a non-faction toon, until you choose faction you can mail yourself something, by then the wondering isle is nearly over, next step takes you to your capital

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

I think I need someone to teleport to the starting zone for Pandarens, drop me a mailbox so I can get my BoAs and roll out. Who's got me? Come on now ENGs, I know you are out there.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

I'm pretty sure you go to SW at level 10. Just suck it up and level for 30 minutes then grab them there, lol.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI

said by McBrain:

I'm pretty sure you go to SW at level 10. Just suck it up and level for 30 minutes then grab them there, lol.

Are there mining and herbalism nodes int he Isle? If so, I want to start early! lol
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Skittles

apologies preconceptions, and assumption being the mother of all fuck ups

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Ginjer

yes the profs are on the isle, and you will be level 12 maybe 13 if you kill a shit tonne of mobs when you get to your cap of choice
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

djlar

join:2009-04-23
reply to Ginjer

Again, it's impossible to send mail to a Non-faction toon

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
reply to McBrain

I was a bit concerned that there wasn't anything to skin until I hit the tiger area. In 20 minutes I maxxed out my skinning. There were tons of copper nodes.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to djlar

said by djlar:

Again, it's impossible to send mail to a Non-faction toon

Wait, so at what level do we decide then? I see what you are saying now.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to kingdome74

Yeah on my server there were piles of 10 or 12 tiger corpses at each spawn point. I think it was around 3:30 when the realm first Zen Master Skinner scrolled through my chat log.

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Ginjer

Level 10ish. Its whenever you finish the quests on the turtle.

I suppose you could grind around to level 15 if you wanted, but its designed to hit you around 10.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA
reply to McBrain

Also my launch experience:

-Samwise Didier is a lot shorter than I thought he was. He's like 5'8". And half his body weight is hair.
-Haha Blood Legion got OWNED. Ele/Balance is a very powerful combo for challenge modes; double Solar Beams from Symbiosis is saucy.
-Got home at 12:05. Logged in very quickly, had no major issues until ...
-oh vey the gyrocopter madness. I got to that part and said "screw it, try in the morning" (this morning was no issues)
-rolled the draenai monk to keep the name (Panang)
-conversion of female dwarf to female panda complete. Next up: shaman to panda

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

there are so many ppl trying to play in the eu that they have 1 hour plus queue times, all in all i say it is a hit

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to McBrain

Sucks when you phase past a part that you needed to finish for a quest. Strongarm Tactics to be exact.

If you are melee, have fun trying to down the parachuting alliance guys.

Seeing General Chat 6 times for every chat is pretty annoying.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

said by Suniojii:

said by Suniojii:

said by Suniojii:

said by Suniojii:

said by Suniojii:

/leave 1

It took me about 20 seconds before I did it.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Nick D
Premium
Orange, CA

So I guess they haven't fixed the CRZ chat stuff yet. The duplicates are probably due to the in-realm instancing that they supposedly implemented.

Sun, you on a very busy server? Last night, my server only had 2 lines per message.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

Our low pop server fluctuated from 4 lines up to 6 at times. The guild roster didn't always work, and one of my officers (who only runs with skada as an addon) couldn't open the gbank.

despite all of that, it was still a very successful launch.

Skittles
Premium

played on main during lunch, reported to SW keep, then onto the flying boat.
Quest for the gyro chopter is screwed. When you get to part where you have to sink the boats there are so many doing this that all you can see is the upclose fellow chopters...had to jump out of gyro twice where you get insta ported back to flying boat so you can try again.....nonsence. They should give you control of the gyro or phase the quest, bad planning on Blizz's part.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

That is unfortunate. By yourself the ships take several shots... on my last boat, I had 2 others with me, so it sunk rather quickly.

There are some clever quest mechanics though... I love the SI:7 quests you'll see later on. They are of the "punched Deathwing in the face" variety, only with a slightly more serious storyline.

speaking of which... need to get a lore thread going....

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

despite all of that, it was still a very successful launch.

Yep, it's better than I thought. I just hope Bliz keeps the game up.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to McBrain

Still only lvl87
I've done the first 4 new dungeons now though

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium
join:2000-08-12
New Boston, TX
reply to McBrain

well...considering that i get home and have the first chance to get on WoW...i now have a 40 minute queue just to fracking login...WTF Blizzard!