Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

2 edits
reply to djlar

Re: [MoP] How was it?

One comment for you guys trying to level your two specs the quest rewards, not all, check what is your spec at the moment of the turn in and adjusts the rewards accordingly, specially the first area so if you are strong on one spec but lack the other go ahead and try this.

I am questing Ret but trying to get as much Prot gear as I can this way before getting into the dungeons.

Edit: clarity
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to McBrain
I bought/downloaded MOP last night. Overall it was very smooth (besides the fact I forgot my password :P).

I made 2 new pandas but I can already tell I will hate the monk, combining both the energy mechanism (which I hate, he keeps saying "not enough energy") and the "holy power" aka "chi" mechanism (paladin is the only toon stuck at 80 because of that).

Yes, the graphics is way below par compared to GW2, but it's still very serviceable. Honestly, it feels good again to be a flashy spell-caster that doesn't have to kite all over to kill a mob. Almost got 4 lava bursts off back to back, except the unsporting mob died XD

I keep pressing "F" to loot though. Annoying I have to click on the mob first now that I am used to GW2's method...

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to McBrain
I got through maybe 15 or 20 quests on my druid before a prior engagement took me away from the computer.

So far, so good. I will say the gathering profession nodes are respawning exceptionally quick. I'm not sure if this is more noticeable because of the very low population on Nathrizeim or what.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
reply to Jobbie
say what?

You get rewards based on your spec? So if you dual-spec you have to change to the spec you want gear from? Is that how loot is given in dungeons now too?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
no, dungeons function how they always have, and yes you have to have what spec you want gear for, for pure classes it will not matter, for ppl that are say resto boom chicken it wont matter, but for warriors or monks or hybrid players yes you need to do one of 2 things run in alternating zones for both specs or change spec before turning it in
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Antonica
Premium
"run in alternating zones for both specs" - say wha?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
after jade forest there are 2 zones for each level so you can go to one zone for spec get some gear then travel to the other level appropriate zone for your other spec, i did some of this in the beta and it was great i got to do diferent quests on a different spec and i was happy with it.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Antonica
Premium
So you no way to get gear for your 2nd spec unless you are that spec? For quests and raids?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to Antonica
I've only seen this for many quest rewards in the first zone and dungeon quests not boss loot. I found out when questing on my druid I turned it a quest as resto and it gave me 3 diffrerent reward options for some reason I didn't turn in and switched to cat to continue questing and when I turned it in it only gave me the option for a feral staff. I double checked on my druid and Paladin, and now started checking quests for both specs before turning in.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to saillaw
said by saillaw:

the MoP zone quests can be tedious when solo

Just wait till the vally

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Antonica
there are some quests in each zone that give a choice of 2 pieces, you have to choose what piece you want for what spec, but say you choose one spec piece and want another of the same thing for your other spec you can go to the other zone and get that off spec piece, you always have a choice, it depends on what spec you need gear for
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Antonica
In all honesty... the best way to gear up and level up is in guild dungeon runs. You can load up on quest gear for each spec (solo-uno-style) by dedicating a zone to each spec... but if that seems too time consuming, a guild group is the way to go.

The quests are very engaging, and I keep noticing the finer touches that make the game so great.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
said by Immer:

In all honesty... the best way to gear up and level up is in guild dungeon runs. You can load up on quest gear for each spec (solo-uno-style) by dedicating a zone to each spec... but if that seems too time consuming, a guild group is the way to go.

The quests are very engaging, and I keep noticing the finer touches that make the game so great.

If I can continue to get 25 levels a night, I should be ready for dungeons in no time. (to bad that will not happen once I hit Cata)
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Well now I can't even log onto battlenet

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to McBrain
i would suggest to everyone to check out, at the very least each zone in Panderia, they all have a different feel to them, and the quest lines are unique to the story as to what the raids and dungeons are about, kun-lai summit reminds me of Tibet or upper mongolia, Krasarang wilds feels like India, that kind of thing, to me atleast
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
I would urge everyone finish the jade forest atleast

Near the end of the quests is a cool cinematic.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to Ginjer
Cata experience was nerfed to the ground man.

I saw a Monk about 2 and a half hours after release at level 83.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to DarkLogix
How much is left in Jade Forest after the Gyrocopter quest? That's where I got on Tuesday morning, and didn't play last night because of the epic long queue time.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
theres a tonne Mc, keep questing, it will bring you into the interior of the jade forest

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to McBrain
One of my guild's officers already maxed his alchemy. Egads.

My shaman made it into the honey dew village :P He's so tauren sexy that all the panda ladies are coming onto him, but since he's an ambassador now he has to be real careful not to piss off the wrong bear...

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by puppy:

One of my guild's officers already maxed his alchemy. Egads.

My shaman made it into the honey dew village :P He's so tauren sexy that all the panda ladies are coming onto him, but since he's an ambassador now he has to be real careful not to piss off the wrong bear...

You know how it is for politicians today. You have to make sure your closet is clean, hug babies, and shake hands!
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
its only 75 skill points it shouldnt take all that long for any prof

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

How much is left in Jade Forest after the Gyrocopter quest? That's where I got on Tuesday morning, and didn't play last night because of the epic long queue time.

Well at some point you'll reach a quest hub that gives you bread crumbs for several sub-zons of the zone (aswell as a crumb to the valley) I did all of them but the valley one (saved the next zone till the 1st was done) then after all of them got sent back to that parifin village (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

then a few more quests and got to a cool cinematic.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by DarkLogix:

said by McBrain:

Well at some point you'll reach a quest hub that gives you bread crumbs for several sub-zons of the zone (aswell as a crumb to the valley) I did all of them but the valley one (saved the next zone till the 1st was done) then after all of them got sent back to that parifin village (sorry if I spelled it wrong)

How many quests have you guys been seeing per zone? In comparison to say Northrend (around 100 or so each) and Cata?
--

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to DarkLogix
Yes that Cinematic was my favorite part and I made me feel slightly better for finishing out Jade Forest. It also did a good job of tying everything together.

It was centered around the Jade Statue at the center but not sure where I picked up the quests for the chain.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Ginjer
said by Ginjer:

said by DarkLogix:

said by McBrain:

How many quests have you guys been seeing per zone? In comparison to say Northrend (around 100 or so each) and Cata?

Sorry didn't count
but it feels like much more than Wrath or cata.

and the zone achevs don't have numbers anymore

right now I'm annoyed I can't log in, can't ping battle.net, can't get to the account page.

my CE arrived yesterday but I haven't yet entered in the CE key because I was to burnt out and now I can't get to the page to enter it

saillaw
Premium
join:2007-05-08
Dismay
reply to McBrain
The instance quests do award your loot based on spec, you don't get a choice. So if that bothers you, respec before hand in.

I personally like it.

As for timing, I hit 85 with my panda monk at just a tad over 9hrs played (quested and saved the zen exp boosts till lvls 81+. It took me about four and a half hours to hit 86 just from questing.

When I was talking about the quests being tedious in Jade Forrest as solo, I was talking about quests like the turtle quest where you kill turtles for a meat drop. I think it took me about 30 kills to get the 10 drops: From what I understand, drops like that are now shared in group (e.g. If there are three in your group, a turtle with a meat drop will give one meat per party member) making the killing go much faster.

Finding 30 turtles on my busy server was a PITA.

The same with the quest where I had to kill 24 animals, it took me 35min for that one quest.

I probably spent about 45min on the quest where I had to talk to the fish warriors and guess which weapon to give them.

Once the starter zones are not so full those quests shouldn't be so painful, but for now I'd recommend grouping to complete them.
--
/)_/)
( . . )
C(")(")

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to McBrain
All I wanted was all options for all my possible specs presented to me.

If the quest already rewards that because I CAN see it if I respec ... why not show it to me and not make me go through the trouble?

Its fine that I as a warrior never see the cloth gear.

It's dumb that "crap I have good fury gloves, gotta switch to prot to turn in, then back to fury to go back to questing"

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to DarkLogix
I'll probably move to the next zone as soon as I get the crumb quest...I'm not so concerned with cinematics on this toon...I can watch those on my Warrior.

I just want to get out of the Forest as fast as I can...questing there on my current server is a major pain.

Once I get over to Nathrezim tomorrow I'll be golden though.
--
McBrain#1558 - DSLR resident face melter.

Name's Ash...Housewares.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
reply to McBrain
I am going to hate the restarts coming later because I think I have a really nice bug - my Monk's Enlightenment is stuck at 0 seconds yet I still get the 50% buff. I am zooming levels.