TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to cableguy411

Re: [Cable] T3 Timeouts

Btw youse guys, go check dis thread out Constant Reboots 'coz theres some nifty little visual aids in thar and a linky to moar edumacation! won't solve your problem but it'll help you to see and kinda understand whats going on a little better. At least in regards to T3's & T4's.
--
You see there is only one constant. One universal. It is the only real truth. Causality. Action, reaction. Cause and effect.
Twitter:Merv Chat:irc.teksavvy.ca

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
reply to cableguy411

If you two guys are using DCM475 modems, then check the firmware version on them via their web interface. If it says "Stac 02.08", then relief may be possible via a firmware upgrade from forum user Teddy Boom in Toronto.

cableguy411

join:2011-02-07
Brampton, ON
reply to kmoed

Just adding my name to the list of T3/T4 timeouts with frequent reboots in Brampton. It started a month ago but I waited for it to disappear as it did this past May when the same problem occurred. I've posted in the Direct Forum but I'm not hopeful that it can be fixed by Teksavvy based on others experiences. The temporary solution has been to do a Factory Reset on the modem which gives 24 to 48 hours of peace until the timeouts start again causing the reboots.

kmoed

join:2011-01-31
Toronto, ON
reply to kmoed

How are you making out with your signal, I purchased a new modem last week, had it provisioned, Looked like it was ok over the weekend, but here we are another Monday and the 30 minute reboots are starting all over again.

I'm about ready to switch providers at this point, Teksavvy just keeps giving me the run around , and now have cost me $100 doing so , I can't even put a dollar amount on the aggravation and time they have cost me, constantly running through the same nonsense on the phone with their techs, this problem started for me mid august, still on going, I will not be recommending their service to anyone any longer.

prettyWise

@teksavvy.com
reply to kmoed

I'm actually on hold with TSI right now waiting for their tech support for the exact same issue. For the past 2 days my modem has been boot-looping. The periods in between the reboots have normal transfer rates, but with about 50% packet loss. I'm also at Yonge and Eglinton, and have the same stuff in my modem log that you do.

Everything has been working fine for quite some time, and my signal is well within the acceptable bounds:

Status Code: Operational
Software Version: STAC.02.16
Software Model: a81a
Bootloader: 2.3.0

Cable Signal Details
Forward Path:
Channel Frequency Power SNR BER Modulation
1 603.0 MHz 7.6 dBmV 37.8 dB 4.418 % 256 QAM
2 591.0 MHz 7.7 dBmV 37.8 dB 4.419 % 256 QAM
3 597.0 MHz 7.4 dBmV 38.2 dB 4.420 % 256 QAM
4 609.0 MHz 7.5 dBmV 37.8 dB 4.420 % 256 QAM
5 615.0 MHz 7.6 dBmV 37.9 dB 4.420 % 256 QAM
6 621.0 MHz 7.5 dBmV 37.9 dB 4.420 % 256 QAM
7 633.0 MHz 7.6 dBmV 37.8 dB 4.420 % 256 QAM
8 639.0 MHz 7.6 dBmV 37.9 dB 4.420 % 256 QAM
Return Path:
Channel ID Frequency Power Modulation
4 38.6 MHz 39.0 dBmV 16 QAM
1 31.3 MHz 38.8 dBmV 16 QAM
2 25.3 MHz 39.0 dBmV 16 QAM
3 22.1 MHz 39.0 dBmV 16 QAM

Every modem reboot one of the return path channels will turn gray (each time a different channel ID) and it will say "Return Path (Partial Service)"

Here are my ping stats:
--- google.ca ping statistics ---
647 packets transmitted, 271 packets received, 58.1% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 9.146/28.040/136.918/15.847 ms

As you can see the mean latency is very low (28.040), meaning when it is able to obtain a link the link is good. I'm wondering perhaps if it's just the 500 Duplex building that's having the issue.

TSI Jon
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to kmoed

TSI Danielle PM'ed you back in the direct forum so we can looked into this further.

evil_gusgus

join:2008-04-14
London, ON
reply to kmoed

Have you checked your signal levels?

kmoed

Toronto, ON
reply to kmoed

Started up again this morning, this is getting out of hand.

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:1
reply to kmoed

I'm glad to hear a ticket was opened!

Keep a log if necessary for the next few days.
Track when your having and issue to see if there is a pattern.

I hope your issue has been resolved.

kmoed

Toronto, ON
reply to kmoed

Thanks for the replies.

A ticket was open with Rogers and then within a few hours I am back to normal, it's been ongoing now for weeks(On a few days off a few days). Whatever Rogers is doing, it fixes it, I'm hoping for good this time, but will have to wait another week or two to see.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to kmoed

T3 timeouts aren't the issue here. That T3 timeout in the log was during the modem's reboot process and they are COMMON there and not a problem (you can tell it occurred during reboot because of the date. That T3, I wouldn't worry about. If you get T3s during normal operation (you can tell those because they have an accurate timestamp ... not 1970!) then that might be an issue.

What's driving this problem is the loss of IP during modem operation ... presumably because the modem is not getting a response from the DHCP server. This seems to be more and more common problem these days. THere isn't a lot of documentation about the IP loss error message.

Xuhum
Premium
join:2007-10-05
Canada
reply to kmoed

Then I can only suggest trying another coax wall plug if you have more than one.
Friend of mine had frequent cable disconnects in an apartment, another wall plug worked it out.

kmoed

Toronto, ON
reply to Xuhum

Thanks, I'm in an apartment so it's out of my control.

Rogers updated the ticket I have open with teksavvy, and it came back to life this afternoon, but this has been going on over a month now of the same back and forth ME>TEKSAVVY>ROGERS -Work again for a few days, goes down a few days later, rinse repeat..
It's driving me nuts.

Xuhum
Premium
join:2007-10-05
Canada
reply to kmoed

Is your cable from the outside hooked directly to the modem?
If not, try replacing the cable from the splitter.
I had soo many T3 timeouts in a day it was driving my crazy, turns out the cable from the splitter to the modem sucked, replaced with new RG6 cable, smooth sailing now.
Good luck.

kmoed

Toronto, ON

1 edit

Click for full size
Is anyone else out there having consistent issues with T3 timeouts in there area?

My service has been without interruption for well over a year now, in the last month, I've had consistent T3 timeout events.

I'll call support , Within a day or 2 my service goes back to normal for a few days, then goes back to the same T3 timouts.

I am in the Yonge & Eglinton area, Is there anyone else out there experiencing the same issue?

Rogers have been several times now, always confirming there is no issue with the line, both techs have told me this problem is with Teksavvy.

Sep 25 2012 11:37:21 5-Warning Z00.0 MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:31 3-Critical R02.0 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Jan 01 1970 00:00:13 6-Notice Cable Modem Reboot due to IP loss ;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;