how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON

Rogers vs Start.ca

Why would I pay $62/m for only 120GB when @startca can give me exact same speed for only $49/mo and 300GB? #RipOff #UBB

MikeSmm

@start.ca

Re: Can we hope for 25mbps (or more) on Tek Cable soon?

First off, this isn't Twitter so you don't need to use hash tags... Secondly, they have no cap on overage, so if you use more then 574GB (I believe, double check the number) it will cost you more with start.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
said by MikeSmm :

First off, this isn't Twitter so you don't need to use hash tags... Secondly, they have no cap on overage, so if you use more then 574GB (I believe, double check the number) it will cost you more with start.

Start doesn't have usage tracking, I think. I know Teksavvy doesn't.

kliles

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to abitbent

Re: Rogers vs Start.ca

said by abitbent:

Why would I pay $62/m for only 120GB when @startca can give me exact same speed for only $49/mo and 300GB? #RipOff #UBB

Indeed. I am in the process of dumping all my Rogers services after they completely screwed the pooch on my TV billing (whole home pvr or whatever it is called never worked at all and they couldn't make it work and are still trying to fix my billing - I think they are) As a result, I am dropping ALL my Rogers "services" and going to anything else.

Start.ca is my current go-to idea for internet.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to geokilla

said by geokilla:

Start doesn't have usage tracking, I think. I know Teksavvy doesn't.

They do for Cogeco, and are working on it for Rogers. While they don't have it now, they will eventually and do have some kind of tracking as they're watching for abusers of the "we don't have a meter yet" situation.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to MikeSmm
Rogers has changed their cap overage, this month, so at the end of the day, it might be any different. It's $2 per GB no cap, from what I understand.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
reply to abitbent

Re: Rogers vs Start.ca

why is there a second thread about the same thing? And hashtags? lol i kinda laughed at that. Twitter is that way -->

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
reply to J E F F

said by J E F F:

Rogers has changed their cap overage, this month, so at the end of the day, it might be any different. It's $2 per GB no cap, from what I understand.

I believe they moved the cap to $100, up from $50. I didn't really pay attention since I have yet to go over 120Gb (though it's come close a couple of times when I had several days off in a month and was glued to Netflix).

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
For $62+tax PLUS modem rental fee's 120GB is pitiful.

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
said by J E F F:

For $62+tax PLUS modem rental fee's 120GB is pitiful.

No argument there. It's not the best value for the money, but the connection has been rock-solid (99.99999999% anyway) for 6+ years. That's also my only remaining Rogers service, and I'm a bit wary of getting "accidentally" disconnected if I switch to an independent (seen lots of stories like that - even with the TPIA tag). I'm also not too fond of their tech support response time for tickets issued by a third-party.

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
reply to MikeSmm
said by MikeSmm :

First off, this isn't Twitter so you don't need to use hash tags...

My sincere apologies Mike.. didn't know you were the forum/internet police. Someone should send a memo.

arahman56

join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON
reply to MichelR
My experience with Distributel has been great, very stable service (as they use Rogers's lines, it's just as stable as Rogers). Don't let the worry of Rogers screwing you over keep you from switching to an independent (I guess it's start.ca in this case?). If they do so, just file a complaint.

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
said by arahman56:

My experience with Distributel has been great, very stable service (as they use Rogers's lines, it's just as stable as Rogers). Don't let the worry of Rogers screwing you over keep you from switching to an independent (I guess it's start.ca in this case?). If they do so, just file a complaint.

I'm considering it. A friend of mine lives in the same building and has been with Distributel for a few months without problems (he does have cable TV though, so no chance they'd yank out his cable). Filing a complaint... yeah... But you're still waiting several days without Internet before somebody shows up to fix the problem (in my case Internet is also the phone and TV).