uniqs
share rss forum feed

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2
reply to nycdave

Re: Fios Media Server Soon?

said by nycdave:

The VMS will have an embedded CableCARD to decode QAM (just like the existing Moto 7000-series boxes).

nycdave will the new VMS require the use of a Verizon supplied Router like the Actiontec Rev G, I ? Or can we use our own Router ? that would be great.

PaulyIzGod

join:2008-02-18
Tampa, FL
reply to matcarl

I have 7 stb's this is going to suck with 6 tuners, I have 2 dvrs, 2 hd, and 3 sd. So I have a total of 9 tuners. This is going to stink if you can't use more.

matcarl
Premium
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

said by PaulyIzGod:

I have 7 stb's this is going to suck with 6 tuners, I have 2 dvrs, 2 hd, and 3 sd. So I have a total of 9 tuners. This is going to stink if you can't use more.

You can continue to use your setup

HenryFarpolo
Premium
join:2003-08-31
Andover, MA

We will await more details, but I don't imagine having the server and associated satellites will preclude having additional standalone STB's either from Verizon or from a provider like TIVO.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA
reply to matcarl

Here's another article on it:
»www.zatznotfunny.com/2012-09/the···-server/

It gives some important details:

...it reportedly has six tuners and one terabyte of storage. There is an eSata port, but no word on whether that will be enabled or not. There’s also the ability to transcode up to four video streams for playback on different mobile devices.

anonnnn_123

@bellatlantic.com
reply to matcarl

Pauly - your setup would be considered a dual VMS solution. So you would actually have 12 tuners

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to nascar

So any idea when this will be available for field trials? How do I get to participate?