Search similar:

uniqs

shapley
@heitmanfinancial.de

1 edit

shapley

Anon

[TiVO] Chicago Tivo Stream Issues?

I wanted to see if anyone has picked up a Tivo Stream yet. I got one the weekend they came out and initially it was working without issue. Now, whenever I try to watch something, it times out before it starts and when I troubleshoot, it just gets stuck on Step 4 which is basically testing the feed.

I don't know if I should be calling Tivo or RCN to try to troubleshoot this, but either way, I wanted to see if anyone else had been using the Stream and if you'd had any issues.

owine
Premium Member
join:2002-08-29
Chicago, IL

owine

Premium Member

Can anyone with a Stream comment on how the device works with videos that have been transferred from a computer to the TiVo?

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman to shapley

Premium Member

to shapley
In Chicago, we haven't done the upgrade to 20.2.1 which is necessary for the stream to work. This is scheduled for next week.

Do you have a Quad? or a Premiere?
Clarkworld
join:2011-01-18
Chicago, IL

Clarkworld

does the stream only work with quads? I have 3 premiere all hard wired, if I get a stream will it work after the Chicago upgrade goes through?

shapley
@heitmanfinancial.de

shapley to rcnman

Anon

to rcnman
Ha, Jason! That's good to know!

I have a Quad (hardwired) in the living room and a Preview (MoCA) in the bedroom. The Stream is hardwired in the living room too.

Like I said, I actually got it work a few times, and I even transferred a few shows over to the iPad and watched them offline. But it's been spotty at best, and for the last 5 days, it hasn't worked at all.

I'll try again after the 20.2.1 update and hopefully that will do it!

chimatt
@rcn.com

chimatt

Anon

I have the stream set up in Chicago and it works fine. It did not work with the Premier but I upgraded to the 4 tuner Tivo and it worked perfectly after that. I did have to call Tivo to get the stream on the same account as the new Tivo box since RCN set up a new account with the new box but that only took a brief call.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

rcnman to Clarkworld

Premium Member

to Clarkworld
said by Clarkworld:

does the stream only work with quads? I have 3 premiere all hard wired, if I get a stream will it work after the Chicago upgrade goes through?

No you must have a Quad for this to work... We don't enable MRS on premieres unless you have a Quad.

RCNcustomer
@rcn.com

RCNcustomer

Anon

Even if we have a Quad, RCN seems clueless on how to help you set it up. Is there anything special that we have to do to make it work?

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
Herndon, VA

rcnman

Premium Member

You must call TiVo to get it activated, we can't activate, or do anything with it... you purchased it thru Retail thus you must work with them to get it provisoned and working..