how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Teegs

@63.164.151.x

Good gaming mouse?

Looking for a good gaming mouse with a few specific features:

1) Wireless, with the ability to plug in and charge while still in use. I do NOT want a mouse charging dock, because my mouse moves around the room and a dock is inconvenient for that.

2) A scroll unlock, so you can freewheel the scroll button. Useful for getting to the top of a page quickly.

3) A zoom feature, where it opens up a "magnified" window for when I want to look at something from the couch.

4) Something robust. The last few mice I've had lasted around a year or so. For approx $100 I want something that'll last a bit more than that.

Thanks in advance!

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Sounds like a Logitech VX Revolution might suit your list of needed features?

»www.amazon.com/Logitech-Revoluti···volution

I almost pulled the trigger on this mouse, but I've been holding off. I'm really considering a G700 instead.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

reply to Teegs

The r/gaming subreddit has had a couple good gaming mouse guides come out recently. This one isn't the most comprehensive, but if you aren't behind a firewall, check out the web page and get a look at the comprehensive one:

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Teegs

I have the G700 in Kris's graphic above. It has your #1 and #2 features, don't know about the zoom feature but that doesn't mean it's not there. As for #4 I've had it for around a year and a half, no complaints so far. I've dropped it several times and it still works like the day I bought it.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Teegs

I have the G500 and I'm very happy with it, I've also heard really good things about the Razer Naga. I have a buddy who just pulled the trigger on Razer Naga Deathadder, coming from a G500, and he stated that it was everything the G500 was and more.

I should probably add that I don't really use customizeable buttons, it's all about comfort for me.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

wrxrxtn

join:2000-12-13
Seal Beach, CA
reply to Teegs

I've had great success with the Razor Mamba line.

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Teegs

I have had a G500 for like 4 years and used the hell out of it. It's a solid piece of machinery. If your a palmer its' great. I do a modified claw/palm grip so it can make my wrist tired. I am getting the Steel Series Sensei as soon as I have some extra money.

As for wireless, I have used the R.A.T 5 and it was impressive, although the reviews on it can be hit or miss. The R.A.T 9 is wireless and completely customizable, that's what I would go with in your shoes, or a razer Naga epic.

»www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

Forhad

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to Teegs

How about Logitech G9X.

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to Teegs

G500! It's really great for any types of game. So it wouldn't be bad for you.

join:2012-12-20
Juneau, AK
reply to Teegs

Logitech can also be a good option for gaming mouse.

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
kudos:1
reply to Teegs

I've had the g500 for a couple years and it's been great. Lately it hasn't been picking up my clicks though so I'll be trying out the Razer Naga Hex. Should be here next week I'll let you know.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to 58983932

said by 58983932:

Logitech can also be a good option for gaming mouse.

Greetings, spam account. Thank you for informing us that "Logitech can be a good option for gaming mouse."

Let us know when you learn the difference between singular and plural, and when you learn that Logitech is not a mouse, but a brand.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

TruSm0ke

join:2005-07-21
Michigan
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Teegs

I have the Razer Naga gaming mouse(»www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga). I had some issues with it early on, but it seems that things have been fixed after a few updates. I really enjoy it and the extra "macro" buttons are very convenient. Not just for MMO's (which I don't play) but for every game(and application) out there.

If you want a wireless one, Razer also makes the Naga Epic (»www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/ra···ga-epic/)

So lets see about your checklist: 1) Razer Naga Epic is wireless, Razer Naga Original is NOT. 2) Because of the nature of having 17 extra buttons, with this mouse you can program any button that you would have on your keyboard to a button on the mouse. You can also create profiles for different programs such as Starcraft 2 or the Google Chrome web browser.

For instance, when I'm surfing the web, I created a profile for Chrome that whenever I use Chrome my Chrome profile kicks in. I've set button #1 to refresh the page. #2 to scroll down by 1 screen length, #3 to scroll up by 1 screen length, #4 to go to the bottom of the page, #5 go back to the top of the page. I can also program buttons to open applications. My button #12 opens Notepad, #11 opens Thunderbird, #10 opens Tweetdeck, etc etc. All of this is done from my mouse because of the customized profiles I created.

Once I jump into Starcraft, my profile is automatically loaded and from there my mouse is used with my SC2 macro buttons. And so on. Basically, any button you need to program from your keyboard to your mouse, you can.

And finally, criteria #4: Razer makes some very nice peripherals including keyboards. Granted, sometimes these devices have their share of issues but updates usually fix them in due time. If I was still having issues I obviously wouldn't recommend something to someone. But things have been fixed since I purchased this about a year and a half ago, I can now stand by my Razer Naga. So yes, the Razer Naga is a very very well crafted mouse in both texture, feel, customization, high DPI/accuracy, and build.

And NO, I do NOT work for Razer. I just own a few of their products.

a2nxtcrav3r
Pokes People With Stick
Premium
join:2003-07-13
San Jose, CA
reply to Teegs

Rat 7

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Teegs

I finally ordered my new Logitech G700 last night. Hopefully it's as nice as the majority of reviews say it is.

I also ordered a Cyber Snipa Tracer mouse pad. I always wanted one of those, and from the reviews, seems to be a damn nice pad.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

I'm a lefty, so I use a left-handed Death Adder and a Razer Vespula mouse mat.

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
reply to Teegs

Cyborg RAT 9

»www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat9.htm

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Do you have personal experience with it? What do you like about it? What are its strengths and weaknesses?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Teegs

guys i am having an issue with my G400, i know its not as high tech but it serves my purposes when it works properly.

For lack of a better word my toons in WoW are stuttering when i run and sometimes just stop mid run, i have to re-click both mouse buttons, Immer tried to help me but we couldn't come up with a solution. I tried to update the driver, but the driver comes from Microsoft and they say its up to date. I turned of acceleration same thing happens, i have an old computer i know but it was working just fine now it isn't any suggestions. Is the mouse perhaps dusty inside? Can it be cleaned? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Try a different USB port?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

i tried that it is better more intermittent now, maybe the mouse is just getting old or something, i think it is like almost 2 yrs now.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
reply to Krisnatharok

It's an ugly thing, but I really like it. You can customize it in size and weight. You can add a lip to the left if you, like me, suffer from pinky drag. For FPS you can change the DPI on the fly. Personally I use the wired MMO version because it allows me more customizable buttons.

I find the Naga to lite.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Teegs

okay found my mouse problem, basically the wire is buggered inside so i either take it apart and try and fix it, not likely, or buy a new mouse , more likely. there is a forum on logitech about this very issue, so i think ill try a different company, thanks for the help.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

I'm picking up a Death Addar from Razor.

Its light, comphy, and very responsive.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Teegs

I got my Cyber Snipa Tracer mouse pad the other night. It's awesome, plus it's got adustable blue LED's around the edge.

Going from a spongy mouse pad, to hard surface is so much nicer.

I should have my G700 tomorrow.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Don't get the G500 it is a piece of crap. I thought it was going to replace my G9 but no.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Teegs

Got my G700 finally. God this thing is sexy.

All the button placements are perfect, tracking and movement are flawless. Feels nice in your hand. I do like the textured surface where your thumb, ring and pinky fingers rest.

The software is pretty nice so far also. There's a ton of customization. Custom profiles, etc.

With the newest version, Logitech has most game profiles loaded up already. It scans are computer for your games. It didn't pick up all my games though. I had to manually select a few of them from a drop down list.

You click on the game profile you want to setup. At that point, there's a "Command" list. From this list, it'll have nearly every ability on that game to select from.

Taking Borderlands 2 for example. Grenades. You simply drag and drop the grenade ability to whatever mouse button you want to use it on. So on and so forth.

Only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to disable the DPI buttons. I gotta mess this it some more.

Overall though,it's a top notch mouse.

Jefferey

join:2013-04-05
Juneau, AK

1 edit
reply to Teegs

Logitech

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Thanks for the resurrect.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4

NM... seems like my work hates funny gifs...