share rss forum feed

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: Good gaming mouse?

i tried that it is better more intermittent now, maybe the mouse is just getting old or something, i think it is like almost 2 yrs now.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Uncle Paul

join:2003-02-04
USA
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok

It's an ugly thing, but I really like it. You can customize it in size and weight. You can add a lip to the left if you, like me, suffer from pinky drag. For FPS you can change the DPI on the fly. Personally I use the wired MMO version because it allows me more customizable buttons.

I find the Naga to lite.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Teegs

okay found my mouse problem, basically the wire is buggered inside so i either take it apart and try and fix it, not likely, or buy a new mouse , more likely. there is a forum on logitech about this very issue, so i think ill try a different company, thanks for the help.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

I'm picking up a Death Addar from Razor.

Its light, comphy, and very responsive.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Teegs

I got my Cyber Snipa Tracer mouse pad the other night. It's awesome, plus it's got adustable blue LED's around the edge.

Going from a spongy mouse pad, to hard surface is so much nicer.

I should have my G700 tomorrow.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Don't get the G500 it is a piece of crap. I thought it was going to replace my G9 but no.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Teegs

Got my G700 finally. God this thing is sexy.

All the button placements are perfect, tracking and movement are flawless. Feels nice in your hand. I do like the textured surface where your thumb, ring and pinky fingers rest.

The software is pretty nice so far also. There's a ton of customization. Custom profiles, etc.

With the newest version, Logitech has most game profiles loaded up already. It scans are computer for your games. It didn't pick up all my games though. I had to manually select a few of them from a drop down list.

You click on the game profile you want to setup. At that point, there's a "Command" list. From this list, it'll have nearly every ability on that game to select from.

Taking Borderlands 2 for example. Grenades. You simply drag and drop the grenade ability to whatever mouse button you want to use it on. So on and so forth.

Only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to disable the DPI buttons. I gotta mess this it some more.

Overall though,it's a top notch mouse.

Jefferey

join:2013-04-05
Juneau, AK

1 edit
reply to Teegs

Logitech

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Thanks for the resurrect.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4

NM... seems like my work hates funny gifs...

Dream Killer
Graveyard Shift
Premium
join:2002-08-09
Forest Hills, NY
reply to Teegs

i went from a logitech g5 to a msft wheel mouse optical =)

shinjuru
Premium,Mod
join:2000-10-29
West Coast
reply to Teegs

Holy Necro, Batman! Well, unlike Blizzard, we don't flip out when a thread gets necroed, but seriously, WTF?

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

Jefferey See Profile is new. And he's from Alaska. That's cool. He wasn't here when the thread was current. Class, say hello to Jefferey See Profile.

Hiii Jefferey See Profile
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by bionicRod:

Jefferey See Profile is new. And he's from Alaska. That's cool. He wasn't here when the thread was current. Class, say hello to Jefferey See Profile.

Hiii Jefferey See Profile

True dat, where are my manners?

Hi Jefferey!
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

I read as Joffrey, and instantly tasted bile in my mouth.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Krisnatharok:

I read as Joffrey, and instantly tasted bile in my mouth.

Who's Joffrey? And should I duck for cover for asking?
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

»Game of Thrones: Season 3 Premiere Date
»www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/
»www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON

Ah! Got you, I've been hiding under a rock when it comes to Game of Thrones.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to Teegs

Still on a Logitech G7,.......

Really like it,.....

Clutch_Head

join:2002-01-04
up state NJ
reply to Teegs

i don't recommend getting anything by Razer. replaced my ten year old Intellimouse
with a Deathadder 2013, and it died in 12 days.

i suggest going to a brick and mortar store and trying them out.
you shouldn't have trouble finding a wireless you like. the market is flooded with them!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

A thousand downvotes to you!!! You never base that sort of recommendation based on a single experience with a single piece of hardware that may have slipped through QC checks.

I bet you every brand has shipped a DOA or shortly failed after arrival at some point in time.

Instead, I wouldn't recommend anything by Razer because of the awkward button placement, drivers that strongly "suggest" you log into them, and "blah" level of quality masquerading as elite gaming peripherals.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Clutch_Head

join:2002-01-04
up state NJ

chill dude. i own a Onza which worked for less than 6 months. i did give them a second chance.

OP, good luck on your quest.

[unsubscribed]

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

When you visit hardware forums often enough, you run into too many posts where people say "Avoid ____, I bought one of their _____ and it died after 2 days!!!!"

Not helpful.

(nice necro)
--

Moos
Tequilablob
Premium
join:2008-12-11
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Comcast

Razer has some good and some bad peripherals. Their mice seem to be the weakest part of their product line, but there are plenty of happy customers out there. Look at the Naga for example. I don't own any their mice so I don't have a personal opinion for or against them. I agree with Kris, every company is going to have some DOA's. When researching, I usually skip over the 1 star ratings based on DOA's. I'm more concerned with how a working unit operates. If it's DOA, send it back and get another one. If you do that 3 times or get shitty customer service, then I would consider it a problem.

Considering other Razer products, I have owned a nostromo for years and recently bought an Orbweaver to replace it. Not because it broke, it still works great, but because I wanted more buttons and I wanted them mechanical. The Orbweaver has been amazing so far btw. .

Back on topic with mice, I'm running the Steelseries Sensei and I love it. Prior to the Steelseries I ran a logitech G500 for many years and it is a solid product too. I just liked the way the steelseries fits my hand better and the button layout.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL

said by Moos:

Razer has some good and some bad peripherals.

Agreed, I've got nothing but good to say about my BlackWindow keyboard, as far as Gaming Mice are concerned, I'm happy with Logitech, and I've pretty much stuck with them. I have a G500 for my desktop, and a G700 that I swap between my HTPC and my laptop, depending on what I'm using at the time.
--

triband

join:2013-04-23
Agoura Hills, CA
reply to Teegs

I am a Razer fan - thats a great mouse and it looks cool! But its basically a preference thing... whatever fits you and your hand best... go to a comp shop and try a couple out!

GreyArea

join:2013-01-07
Anchorage, AK
reply to Teegs

Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700 is a great mouse. It has great sensitivity, and there is a choice in the middle mouse scroller from going step mode to free mode. You can find it in amazon »www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless···Wireless

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I've got this mouse, it's amazing. I used the macro software to set up and customize macros for MWO (1 - 65ms - 2 - 65 ms - 3 - 65ms - 4 - 65 ms - 5 = rapid fire on 5 AC2s).
--

Expand your moderator at work