uniqs
share rss forum feed

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
kudos:1
reply to haroldo

Re: [Poll]How important an issue Apple Maps to you?

Maybe I'll download the Navigon app as backup. Never hurts to have backup.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
reply to BellBoy

said by BellBoy:

said by ptrowski:

You also thought that Heathrow Fl is more relevant for US citizens than Heathrow Airport.

in which case Apple usually does right by their customers.

"Your holding it wrong!" - yes, they do right by the customers

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to donoreo

These Hitler videos, old and tired... seriously....

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL
reply to BellBoy

And that "little gem" has already been patched, it would have taken Apple what, months to fix it?

dfc888
Premium
join:2003-07-22
San Bruno, CA
reply to haroldo

I like the new GPS turn by turn, but a feature I crave for is the ability to save future route data in case I lose cell coverage. This happened to me last weekend when I went on a rural trip with areas having spotty cell coverage. Thankfully it wasn't too big of a trip and I was able to find my way around.

I do miss Google's transit directions though... but I've since replaced it with a third party Transit app. Kind of stupid to have it pop open a brand new app after the input though...

Street view... I never really used it before, but I wish the feature was still there, for those few occasions when I did and do want to use it.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to Alcohol

Nope, gShills that don't even own the device yet troll ATM crying about it and voting in associated polls.

Cheese
Premium
Naples, FL

said by skeechan:

Nope, gShills that don't even own the device yet troll ATM crying about it and voting in associated polls.

QQ

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
reply to dellsweig

said by dellsweig:

think about those Sprint and Verizon users that will stop navigating when the phone rings!!!!

I've never had a problem... seems like it downloads enough data to begin with to eliminate the problem, and the android phones hae offline maps, soooo... n data connection is even required for me...
--
I'm tired of killing stupid people just trying to do my job and go home!

myosh

join:2001-05-03
Cupertino, CA
reply to haroldo

I have an iPhone 4 and this maps issue is enough to keep me from upgrading to iOS6 and, for now, has kept me from upgrading to the iPhone 5 (although other factors like lack of availability and delayed ship times did play a role). While I don't use maps very often, when I do use it, accuracy is very, very important.

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to Cheese

said by Cheese:

These Hitler videos, old and tired... seriously....

I was thinking that a couple years ago.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to haroldo

I think it is unreliable and perhaps dangerous. I used Google Maps until I was directed onto a busy one-way street -- in the wrong direction. I've seen several other maps that are wrong too. Google doesn't know the difference between NE and North. And neither do the people who write the directions.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to haroldo

I only used the maps to look up an address or to find where I am. Apple Maps has worked just fine for me for those purposes.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
reply to linicx

said by linicx:

I think it is unreliable and perhaps dangerous. I used Google Maps until I was directed onto a busy one-way street -- in the wrong direction.

that happens, so I keep going straight until the map recalculates. No biggie.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--