Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Nezmo

Re: [Opinion] What Passbook needs to succeed...

said by Nezmo:

said by BellBoy:

•There are no vendors' coupons waiting on launch day. This is a missed opportunity because what could be greater on the launch weekend to go out shopping at the mall with your new iPhone and show it off by using a coupon from PB. I mean really Starbucks...total bonehead move on your part for not having this ready

Weren't Target's coupons ready to go on launch day or was it the day after?

It's certainly possible that some coupons were available on launch day. The problem is...that neither you or I KNOW that they were available on launch day. This is a marketing blunder on every business that currently supports (or plans to support) PB as well as Apple for not pushing this out to users in an email blast, a dedicated page for this at Apple.com, or ANYTHING that would have been helpful to get people to start using this from day one.

The fact that people are wondering about why/when/how they would use it is a UX catastrophe for Apple, IMO. This is not the Apple of Steve Jobs and Tim should get his shit together. Steve would have anyone he needed to fix the problem working 80 hours STRAIGHT to get it right.

I'm just not getting a good feeling about how this is being handled--the whole iPhone 5 launch (maps, PB, iOS issues, hardware issues--and goodness only knows what else).
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
said by BellBoy:

said by Nezmo:

said by BellBoy:

•There are no vendors' coupons waiting on launch day. This is a missed opportunity because what could be greater on the launch weekend to go out shopping at the mall with your new iPhone and show it off by using a coupon from PB. I mean really Starbucks...total bonehead move on your part for not having this ready

Weren't Target's coupons ready to go on launch day or was it the day after?

It's certainly possible that some coupons were available on launch day. The problem is...that neither you or I KNOW that they were available on launch day. This is a marketing blunder on every business that currently supports (or plans to support) PB as well as Apple for not pushing this out to users in an email blast, a dedicated page for this at Apple.com, or ANYTHING that would have been helpful to get people to start using this from day one.

I agree totally. I've already had to guide several users through this as they hit the same WTF trying to understand it all.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
kudos:1
Heck, even a 10% coupon for use in the Apple Store, no?

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA
said by haroldo:

Heck, even a 10% coupon for use in the Apple Store, no?

Now you're just talking crazy.

Apple would be the first ones to push others into offering coupons on launch day...but at their own store? Puleeeeze! The only discounts they ever give were at Christmas (Black Friday) and those were paltry at best.
--
"When the day comes that anyone can bend our country's laws and lawmakers to serve selfish, competitive ends, that day democratic government dies." -- Preston Tucker, June 1948