When im not gaming, I'm usually....

- In the garage working on my car
- Building model cars
- Working around the house/yard work
- Brewing beer
- Spending time with the GF
- Going out with friends/family
- Working 10-12 hr days

Looking at my list...now i know why my gaming playtime has greatly diminished. Hopefully work slows down for winter and I will have more time to play.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Krisnatharok

@Kris
What I meant was I read you were discharged medically. Isn't it more harmful to you now with you working those kind of hours.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by I AM:

@Kris
What I meant was I read you were discharged medically. Isn't it more harmful to you now with you working those kind of hours.

Hardly. You can be considered medically unfit for military duty and still be in LE or work an active lifestyle. It basically means the military doesn't want to put up with my injury. They are drastically downsizing and looking for excuses to put people out--at least the Marines are.

I've moved on to bigger or better things, so I didn't fight it like I could have, and I still have the option to go back into the Reserves once I completely recover and get a clean bill of health from my doctor.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to I AM

Kris - you forgot building PCs as a hobby! and researching them!

I read somewhere, that some asian culture (small country) has the longest average lifespan of the entire world (maybe 90+) can't remember

their secret? everyone walks at least 3 miles a day out of necessity to get food/water! even the old folk!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

1 edit

said by TheThing:

Kris - you forgot building PCs as a hobby! and researching them!

Haha woops, yeah--big hobby of mine.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

Wishing I was gaming mostly and other stuff.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

How do you guys find enough time in a day to do all this other stuff?

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
reply to I AM

Playing Magic: The Gathering (does this count as gaming if I am not doing it on a computer, but in person with other people!?)

Working
Doing something with my wife
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
reply to I AM

Lets see...
I enjoy spending time with the GF and taking my dogs out to the beach.
Other than that i spend the majority of my time traveling for work so usually when i am at home i am just relaxing. Sad that cutting the grass has become a very relaxing, enjoyable experience. Just feels nice to not be stuck in some airport or in some hotel on foreign soil...

My other hobbies have been put on hold until travel dies down. But i was an avid gun collector and enjoy building cars ,just sold my 79 project vette due to lack of free time...

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Oh. Any pics of the vettes? Anyone having pics of their hobbies? Like reading on the can?

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to I AM

When I'm not gaming I am...

•Playing with my kids (4yr & 14mo girls)
•Spending time with my wife (married 6.5 years)
•Spending time with friends
•Church-related activities such as reading the Bible, Lifegroups, etc. I also am the "ministry" lead for the "tech" (a/v) side of our new campus. This means I schedule people, provide training, etc.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

DasGoat

@sbcglobal.net
reply to TheThing

Okinawa perhaps?

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to I AM

I'm disturbed at how so few of you are sexually active.

Except for Arch, ofc.

puppy

join:2010-01-28

That's covered under "spending time with wife/GF"

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
kudos:2

said by puppy:

That's covered under "spending time with wife/GF"

Otherwise, what's the point, right?

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to TigerLord

Sex isn't a hobby. Neither is a wife or GF!

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to DasGoat

not sure can't remember

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

Sex isn't a hobby. Neither is a wife or GF!

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

1 recommendation

reply to I AM

said by I AM:

Oh. Any pics of the vettes? Anyone having pics of their hobbies? Like reading on the can?

Here is an article written about the last pro tour qualifier held in Montana at the end of July.

The picture has me in it, although my back is to the camera. Im wearing the green hat with the blue shirt.

»www.bozemandailychronicle.com/ne···3f4.html
--

tman852

join:2010-07-06
reply to Krisnatharok

Perfect example.

I couldn't get into any branch because I had a open heart surgery at 11 months old that saved my life. It really isn't a big deal and does not affect me at all whatsoever today, I have no physical restrictions, but I couldn't get a medical waiver for it. Oh well I guess, I'll keep falling out of planes and doing crazy shit on my own time instead of theirs.
--
Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz | OCZ Obsidian 6GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM | EVGA X58 tri SLI-LE mobo | EVGA GTX 570 | Antec 750w PSU | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD | WD Black 1TB HDD | Antec 1200 Case | G15 keyboard | G9x mouse | G35 Headset | Asus 23" LED-LCD

tman852

join:2010-07-06
reply to Kulldar

Do it if you ever get the chance, it's absolutely incredible. That weight restriction is pretty much a universal guideline for your safety. It's no offense to you, it's the way the harness system works on tandems. You're going from 120mph to 15mph in about 3 seconds, if you're a bigger guy the harness will push up into you leaving slack in the harness on your body. You could be 250 pounds of solid muscle and that restriction still stands because of the sheer force it takes to stop 250 pounds being too much. What dropzone were you going to do it at?
--
Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz | OCZ Obsidian 6GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM | EVGA X58 tri SLI-LE mobo | EVGA GTX 570 | Antec 750w PSU | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD | WD Black 1TB HDD | Antec 1200 Case | G15 keyboard | G9x mouse | G35 Headset | Asus 23" LED-LCD

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
reply to I AM

-Jerking off

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

ewk. It says
I AM
-Jerking off.

Sick.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to I AM

Hobbies? Man, I wish I had time for hobbies. I have three kids and a wife. I play games because I need to be at home to do whatever needs to be done, but my kids don't require that infant-hover parent mode anymore, so once dinner is taken care of, there isn't much else to do.

I love to cook. I would love to work in a restaurant, but I know the pay is shit. I learned how to cook from my father. My biggest focus is on the grill. He can cook you something on the grill that is better than anything you're going to find in a restaurant. You cannot pay for a better quality meal. I'm not just saying it because he's my father. He was neighbors with a professional chef who would arrogantly bring up his multiple awards. When Thanksgiving came, they sampled each other's meals and the guy was blown away.

The next big project that'll consume my winter and my spring is building a home. This home will be over 3k sq ft when it's done. 4BR, 3BA, on a little over a half care of land in a wooded, private, no HoA, non-cookie cutter development. It's going to have a theater room in the finished basement with tiered flooring for multiple rows of seating. The kitchen will have an indoor hibachi, which I plan on mastering as well. I should have a decent sized deck, an extended 2-car garage and eventually a garden (ala Square Foot Garden style).

For now, my spare time not spent on video games is spent building my home home theater setup (Seen Here: »My Setup ). I should also resume writing my science fiction book that I haven't worked on forever and I had a business idea that I wanted to work on if I really have no time.

Work has been requiring me to get certified in my field, which they're paying for. I've been working on AIX and ITIL certifications.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

said by Archivis:

Hobbies? Man, I wish I had time for hobbies. I have three kids and a wife. I play games because I need to be at home to do whatever needs to be done, but my kids don't require that infant-hover parent mode anymore, so once dinner is taken care of, there isn't much else to do.

I love to cook. I would love to work in a restaurant, but I know the pay is shit. I learned how to cook from my father. My biggest focus is on the grill. He can cook you something on the grill that is better than anything you're going to find in a restaurant. You cannot pay for a better quality meal. I'm not just saying it because he's my father. He was neighbors with a professional chef who would arrogantly bring up his multiple awards. When Thanksgiving came, they sampled each other's meals and the guy was blown away.

The next big project that'll consume my winter and my spring is building a home. This home will be over 3k sq ft when it's done. 4BR, 3BA, on a little over a half care of land in a wooded, private, no HoA, non-cookie cutter development. It's going to have a theater room in the finished basement with tiered flooring for multiple rows of seating. The kitchen will have an indoor hibachi, which I plan on mastering as well. I should have a decent sized deck, an extended 2-car garage and eventually a garden (ala Square Foot Garden style).

For now, my spare time not spent on video games is spent building my home home theater setup (Seen Here: »My Setup ). I should also resume writing my science fiction book that I haven't worked on forever and I had a business idea that I wanted to work on if I really have no time.

Work has been requiring me to get certified in my field, which they're paying for. I've been working on AIX and ITIL certifications.

Damn bro, Im jelly. How much are you throwing down for that house?
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I don't feel like sharing that.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

said by Archivis:

I don't feel like sharing that.

I was more curious because I like to compare house prices here in Montana to those else where. I mean, a house like that here, if I was buying it already built by someone else, would be around 200-250k.

I alwasy thought it would be cool to have a "media room" in my house, where I have a projector or something hooked up to my PC so I can play games on a huge screen with a home theater system set up for movies and the like.
--

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
reply to Archivis

man, I made some poor choices in life. I have my PC next to my bed because we have no more room.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM

When I am not gaming....

-I am spending time with my girlfriend
-I am working in a medical clinic
-I am going to school towards Nursing
-I play tennis
-I visit the gym
-I watch movies/TV shows (re-runs, I can't stand television in this era of my life)
-I spend a lot of time with my GF's family (her nephews, although younger by ~10 years, are all fun kids - I'm 27)

Basically, there aren't enough hours in a regular day. I work 9:30-6:00PM Mon-Fri with weekends/holidays off. I still feel like there isn't time for everything! And after all that, I'm not even married nor do I have my own house.

DAMN YOU LIFE!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to I AM

Here is the short list....

Working
Spending time with my wife (she is very independent though)
Playing hockey
Reffing hockey
Being an adjunct professor
Attending hockey games
Sleeping
Napping
--
My domain - Nightfall.net