Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tman852

join:2010-07-06
kudos:1
reply to Kulldar

Re: When you're not gaming you are...

Do it if you ever get the chance, it's absolutely incredible. That weight restriction is pretty much a universal guideline for your safety. It's no offense to you, it's the way the harness system works on tandems. You're going from 120mph to 15mph in about 3 seconds, if you're a bigger guy the harness will push up into you leaving slack in the harness on your body. You could be 250 pounds of solid muscle and that restriction still stands because of the sheer force it takes to stop 250 pounds being too much. What dropzone were you going to do it at?
--
Core i7 920 @ 3.5ghz | OCZ Obsidian 6GB 1600mhz DDR3 RAM | EVGA X58 tri SLI-LE mobo | EVGA GTX 570 | Antec 750w PSU | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB SSD | WD Black 1TB HDD | Antec 1200 Case | G15 keyboard | G9x mouse | G35 Headset | Asus 23" LED-LCD

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
reply to I AM
-Jerking off

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
ewk. It says
I AM
-Jerking off.

Sick.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to I AM
Hobbies? Man, I wish I had time for hobbies. I have three kids and a wife. I play games because I need to be at home to do whatever needs to be done, but my kids don't require that infant-hover parent mode anymore, so once dinner is taken care of, there isn't much else to do.

I love to cook. I would love to work in a restaurant, but I know the pay is shit. I learned how to cook from my father. My biggest focus is on the grill. He can cook you something on the grill that is better than anything you're going to find in a restaurant. You cannot pay for a better quality meal. I'm not just saying it because he's my father. He was neighbors with a professional chef who would arrogantly bring up his multiple awards. When Thanksgiving came, they sampled each other's meals and the guy was blown away.

The next big project that'll consume my winter and my spring is building a home. This home will be over 3k sq ft when it's done. 4BR, 3BA, on a little over a half care of land in a wooded, private, no HoA, non-cookie cutter development. It's going to have a theater room in the finished basement with tiered flooring for multiple rows of seating. The kitchen will have an indoor hibachi, which I plan on mastering as well. I should have a decent sized deck, an extended 2-car garage and eventually a garden (ala Square Foot Garden style).

For now, my spare time not spent on video games is spent building my home home theater setup (Seen Here: »My Setup ). I should also resume writing my science fiction book that I haven't worked on forever and I had a business idea that I wanted to work on if I really have no time.

Work has been requiring me to get certified in my field, which they're paying for. I've been working on AIX and ITIL certifications.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
said by Archivis:

Hobbies? Man, I wish I had time for hobbies. I have three kids and a wife. I play games because I need to be at home to do whatever needs to be done, but my kids don't require that infant-hover parent mode anymore, so once dinner is taken care of, there isn't much else to do.

I love to cook. I would love to work in a restaurant, but I know the pay is shit. I learned how to cook from my father. My biggest focus is on the grill. He can cook you something on the grill that is better than anything you're going to find in a restaurant. You cannot pay for a better quality meal. I'm not just saying it because he's my father. He was neighbors with a professional chef who would arrogantly bring up his multiple awards. When Thanksgiving came, they sampled each other's meals and the guy was blown away.

The next big project that'll consume my winter and my spring is building a home. This home will be over 3k sq ft when it's done. 4BR, 3BA, on a little over a half care of land in a wooded, private, no HoA, non-cookie cutter development. It's going to have a theater room in the finished basement with tiered flooring for multiple rows of seating. The kitchen will have an indoor hibachi, which I plan on mastering as well. I should have a decent sized deck, an extended 2-car garage and eventually a garden (ala Square Foot Garden style).

For now, my spare time not spent on video games is spent building my home home theater setup (Seen Here: »My Setup ). I should also resume writing my science fiction book that I haven't worked on forever and I had a business idea that I wanted to work on if I really have no time.

Work has been requiring me to get certified in my field, which they're paying for. I've been working on AIX and ITIL certifications.

Damn bro, Im jelly. How much are you throwing down for that house?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
I don't feel like sharing that.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
said by Archivis:

I don't feel like sharing that.

I was more curious because I like to compare house prices here in Montana to those else where. I mean, a house like that here, if I was buying it already built by someone else, would be around 200-250k.

I alwasy thought it would be cool to have a "media room" in my house, where I have a projector or something hooked up to my PC so I can play games on a huge screen with a home theater system set up for movies and the like.
--

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
kudos:2
reply to Archivis
man, I made some poor choices in life. I have my PC next to my bed because we have no more room.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to I AM
When I am not gaming....

-I am spending time with my girlfriend
-I am working in a medical clinic
-I am going to school towards Nursing
-I play tennis
-I visit the gym
-I watch movies/TV shows (re-runs, I can't stand television in this era of my life)
-I spend a lot of time with my GF's family (her nephews, although younger by ~10 years, are all fun kids - I'm 27)

Basically, there aren't enough hours in a regular day. I work 9:30-6:00PM Mon-Fri with weekends/holidays off. I still feel like there isn't time for everything! And after all that, I'm not even married nor do I have my own house.

DAMN YOU LIFE!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to I AM
Here is the short list....

Working
Spending time with my wife (she is very independent though)
Playing hockey
Reffing hockey
Being an adjunct professor
Attending hockey games
Sleeping
Napping
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

beldin
Script Monkey number 50
Premium
join:2006-06-06
Union, SC
reply to I AM
Working or sleeping. That's about it. There's the occasional break to stuff food in the face, or to dispose of processed foods (on the john) but I pretty much game. That's why I already have over 100 hours in Borderlands 2.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
reply to I AM
Shooting. On alternating Sundays I'm shooting shotguns (skeet/trap/5-stand) or USPSA (practical pistol) matches.

Saturday is for house/yard work, and hand-loading ammo for Sunday.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I never really got into guns. My dad loves his guns. He tells me he'll pas them on to me one day along with his electric guitars and other collectibles.

I never got into hunting or fishing much. I told my father he took me too much when I was a child and now I just dislike it. I remember going fishing for HOURS and nothing would bite and he would make us stay because that's what a fisherman does.

I guess I never got into guns much because everytime I killed an animal I felt bad. Like just a second ago that animal was just living and doing his thing and now he's dead. His family is probably staying up late that night waiting for him. Sad.

jester121
Premium
join:2003-08-09
Lake Zurich, IL
I shoot clay targets with shotguns, and cardboard or steel with handguns.

I don't shoot anything that's living, and haven't since I was a teenager (squirrels, crows, etc on grandpa's farm) -- but I'm a supporter of hunting rights and enjoy eating meat that my buddies bring back.

I just turned 40 and it's just in the past couple years that I got into shooting sports. Having a blast... so to speak.

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium
join:2001-09-05
Boca Raton, FL
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

When you guys here aren't gaming what other hobbies are you in too?

Working, cooking dinner, helping kids with homework, spending time with my wife. I used to play M:TG, but the cost and the time just doesn't allow for it any longer. I usually don't get out of work until after 7 on Fridays so I miss out on FNM and there really isn't anything good going on around here on Saturdays.
--
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
FEllas. Work isn't a hobby is it?!?!

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to wapu
said by wapu:

said by I AM:

Working, cooking dinner, helping kids with homework, spending time with my wife. I used to play M:TG, but the cost and the time just doesn't allow for it any longer. I usually don't get out of work until after 7 on Fridays so I miss out on FNM and there really isn't anything good going on around here on Saturdays.

You should consider MTG online (not duels of the planeswalkers). You can jump on and do a draft anytime, play constructed in tournaments or just for fun. The cost of singles is a lot lower than paper due to the overwhelming supply in a centralized locale.

If your interested, shoot me a PM and I can help you.
--

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to wapu
said by wapu:

said by I AM:

If you'll marry me ... I'll dig for you and rake for you

If you'll marry me ... I'll scrub for you and bake for you

If you'll marry me ... All others I'll forsake for you

All this will I do if you'll marry me

All this will I do if you'll marry me

... family guy... silly nannies team song

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN
reply to I AM
When I am not gaming, I enjoy:

- Playing golf
- Shooting pool
- Taking my 2yr old daughter swimming. She loves the water
- Relaxing on my patio

I have also decided that I'm going to start going to gym and see if I can work on getting my nansy pansy ass into shape.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
You can play games on your patio and read about games on your phone/ipad while on the treadmill/ellipitcal! ^_^

TheThing

reply to Dissembled
I try to work my exercise routine into my daily schedule

- walking 30 minutes during lunch
- pump out 30+ push ups when I wake up
- lunges in parking lot (looks odd but good for legs and butt)

i dont have time to sit in gym for 1 hour a day

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
This makes me laugh.

TheThing

reply to I AM
yeah... i wouldn't recommend getting in your lunges in hallway, at work, while going to cafeteria... LOL

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Screenshots of lunges buddy.

TheThing

I'm going to hardcore bust out some lunges in the 200+ person cafeteria

lets see how long it takes security and the white coats to come tackle me...

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by TheThing:

I'm going to hardcore bust out some lunges in the 200+ person cafeteria

lets see how long it takes security and the white coats to come tackle me...

Without a screen shot it didn't happen.

TheThing

reply to I AM
actually I work with all engineers... they probably wouldn't do anything... I'd probably get retarded copycats... or promoted

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to I AM
I have a gym in my house I sometimes visit.
Go to New Orleans with the wife and son on the weekends.
Detail cars as my second job/hobby.

TheThing

reply to I AM
after working out at real gyms for 15+ years, working out in the basement makes me depressed

too cramped and dingy and dark

if a good gym was closer to home, i would go, instead of my infamous lunges

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
reply to Dissembled
said by Dissembled:

- Playing golf
- Shooting pool

Since Ive gotten my motorcycle I've neglected my local pool hall... With winter coming back faster than I'd like, I may find myself picking up my sticks again.

I also occasionally show my face on a golf course, but anyone would be hard pressed to say that I was "playing" golf.