how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

newbey

@sbcglobal.net
reply to Big Jimmy

Re: thinking of going the Ultra TY Route

While going through these forums can anyone clarify the following: Is it better to incorporate a better modem that I assume would connect to the gateway rather than relying on the gateway to transmit wirelessly to my various laptops in the house. From comments made by various particpants in these forums, they seem to indicate that my wireless connection (via the gateway), depending how far I would be away from the gateway, would be less than desireable. If the answer is furnish ones own modem, can you recommend one of the better models to go with? Thanks again for all of your help. As many of you have said , this is the best place to get answers to questions. I only wish I could understand half of what some of you are talking about and recommending

NuclearXP9

join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI
Newbey, you are right the arris gateway network range is pretty bad. I live in an older 1100sq ft home with thick plaster walls and the 5ghz signal doesn't even make it out of the room. The 2.4 is got maybe 2/3 of 5 bars at best anywhere outside the same room as the gateway.

The best site bar none is smallnetbuilder.com for wireless router reviews.