Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1
reply to cypherstream

Re: New Guides for SA/Cisco Areas (Info from Ted Hodgins Blog)

The following posts are from Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog and states that older STBs may only display limited guide data and should be replaced. Note, this also applies to the SA 2200 which should be replaced with a newer SA or Cisco STB.
quote:
Why does my on-screen TV Listings guide only show programming for at most 6 hours in advance? After that, everything is To Be Announced. How can I improve or fix my TV Listings Guide?

Dwight Oltmanns | September 24, 2012 2:24 PM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-gui···nt-60017
quote:
@Dwight Oltmanns, I took a look at your account and it looks like you have Motorola DCT 2000 cable boxes. Those are older cable boxes and they do have limited memory capabilities in regards to guide data. In order to get more guide data to display, I would recommend that you exchange your cable boxes for a DCT 700 or anything other than a DCT 2000.

A newer cable box has more memory and will display more days out of guide listings data.

All of our DVRs show about 13-14 days worth of guide data.

Ted Hodgins replied to comment from Dwight Oltmanns | September 25, 2012 11:51 AM

»blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-gui···nt-60171
--
SA 8300 HD DVRs with Patched S25 Guide
Links:
'S25 Guide Blog' 'Schedule' 'Info' 'Patch Thread'