Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SkidR0we

@videotron.ca
reply to LEKO

Re: [Eng] Videotron 4G speeds and SGS3

said by LEKO:

To answer your question: my D/L speed varies from a couple of Kbps to a couple of Mbps depending on where I am and the condition (I have a Galaxy Nexus).

If your home I well covered, you should expect at least 1Mbps. Actually, I would call to report poor signal if I had low speed at home or at a place where I should receive a strong/good signal (shopping center, cinemas, public buildings, etc...).

I guess I shouldn't complain then, because I average about 6mbps.

Seeing as Videotron is upgrading their network to LTE, will my phone be compatible or is it a new technology that I'll have to get a new phone to take advantage of?? I have Galaxy S III

Samus Aran
Premium
join:2005-10-18
St-Hubert
I get about the same with my S3 : 7 mbps download and 2 mbpsd upload

LEKO

join:2010-09-28
Montreal, QC
reply to SkidR0we
said by SkidR0we :

said by LEKO:

To answer your question: my D/L speed varies from a couple of Kbps to a couple of Mbps depending on where I am and the condition (I have a Galaxy Nexus).

If your home I well covered, you should expect at least 1Mbps. Actually, I would call to report poor signal if I had low speed at home or at a place where I should receive a strong/good signal (shopping center, cinemas, public buildings, etc...).

I guess I shouldn't complain then, because I average about 6mbps.,

Seeing as Videotron is upgrading their network to LTE, will my phone be compatible or is it a new technology that I'll have to get New phone to take advantage of?? I have Galaxy S III

Your question is simple, but there is no simple answer. As long Videotron will support hspda+ on the AWS spectrum you will be fine. And since Videotron only have this band, you'll be fine. When Videotron will deploy LTE, they will do it on this band too, so Videotron LTE phones will have to work on the band and it should not be a problem, the big 3 are using this band for their lTE networks. But, i don't think actual SGS3 from Videotron Is supporting LTE at all. You'll be stuck in hspda+ (42mbps max).