how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to Savious

Re: GW2: Elementalist Thread

BTW quite a few posts I read reminds new elementalists to keep their gear up to date, so visit your TP every 5 levels and don't forget the sigils/runes/etc as well! Since this is a more fragile/less forgiving profession (maybe underpowered, who knows), we can't suck up the gear difference like other professions can.

My new level 10 elementalist got a whole new set of gear (some of which she sewed herself with tailoring) last night.

puppy

Made it to 16? last night, still going strong. Getting the S/D combo down.

I usually do this:
- start in fire, lay down the fire field
- phoenix (+3 stacks of might)
- dragon tooth (+3 more stacks, slowass spell they need to drop it faster)
- fire grab
- if mobs still alive, switch to earth and do that slam that knocks them down
- cast curling earth (love that spell, but way slow and getting hit while doing it after the mobs get up from the slam)

btw a tip I read is that you can cast cast curling earth, then teleport into the mob just before you finish, then the spell will go off where you are.

Definitely a lot more work though. My warrior would just rush in and hundred blades or dual axes, done :P

Edit: Going up the air traits to get the +25% speed, but I kind of hate the fact I can't see a number. I'm pretty sure I am going faster, but since I've been zipping along with ride the wind and elemental harmony (+10 sec swiftness if you trigger it while attuned to air), it's hard to tell.

I love swiftness. My toon in WOW feels so slow now, makes it hard to play slow toons like the guardian.

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
Arcane wave will get you 3 stacks as well

I usually do
CoF
Arcane Blast
Dragon Tooth
Pheonix
Arcane Power (Next 5 hits crit)

Then go apeshit on whatever isn't on CD within Fire, then swap to Air or Earth. Usually air as I'll do the 2 instant lightning shots, the RtL and Updraft to finish it out. Hell of a lot of burst damage that ends on a nice knockdown / stun allowing you to regroup and start over.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

puppy

Sounds good! Why not arcane power first though? Want the might stacks before critting?

I'm tempted to retrait so I can get elemental attunement out of arcane line first, since I don't really need the 25% swiftness out of the air line (takes 50 seconds to max out anyways, and I'm using my RtL and heal spell), but reluctant to give up the +precision, +power or whatever else the other lines can give...

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
said by puppy:

Sounds good! Why not arcane power first though? Want the might stacks before critting?

Exactly.

said by puppy:

I'm tempted to retrait so I can get elemental attunement out of arcane line first, since I don't really need the 25% swiftness out of the air line (takes 50 seconds to max out anyways, and I'm using my RtL and heal spell), but reluctant to give up the +precision, +power or whatever else the other lines can give...

I've actually dumped 10 pts into water, just for the extra vit, and stacked vit gear...It's hard for me to know how to gear this damn char, as you need vit/precision/toughness/power and maybe a touch of condition. Lot to choose from.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor