spc
Search similar:

uniqs

June
@rr.com

June

Anon

[TWC] Upgraded to 30/5 But speeds remain the same

I recently upgraded to the Extreme 30/5 plan..but I don't notice any difference in the speeds. Is there a reason why I'm not getting the speeds I paid for?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Maybe your modem is out dated.? trade it in for a newer docsis 3.0 modem
get a receipt when you take it back this way you have a legal document to prove you gave them the old modem back.

June
@rr.com

June

Anon

Well I don't know if this modem is out dated or not, but I just recently purchased my own Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 to replace the Ubee DDw3611 modem/router combo that Time Warner had given me. Its working fine, except for the fact I'm not receiving the high speeds that I'm paying for..and I don't know why..Can someone help?

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig

MVM

said by June :

Well I don't know if this modem is out dated or not, but I just recently purchased my own Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 to replace the Ubee DDw3611 modem/router combo that Time Warner had given me. Its working fine, except for the fact I'm not receiving the high speeds that I'm paying for..and I don't know why..Can someone help?

Sounds like they never updated your modem provisioning - call support and have them verify

Also - where are you measuring your speed?? directly connected to the modem, your router or over a wireless connection??

I also upgraded recently to 30/5 on TWC and purchased my own SB6141. My first one was defective and gave me lower speeds - replaced the SB and now all is fine -I will note though that it is impossible to tell if my modem was bad or if the second time they (TWC) provisioned it they did it right

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu to June

Premium Member

to June
Try rebooting the modem, then post your signal levels from »192.168.100.1/cmSignal.htm if your still stuck.

The 4mbps upload looks like the modem is prov'd for 30/5 but something is bottlenecked.

June
@rr.com

June

Anon

I don't know what any of this stuff means but this is what I got :

Downstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 1 2 3 4
Frequency 705000000 Hz 711000000 Hz 717000000 Hz 723000000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB 36 dB 36 dB 37 dB
Downstream Modulation QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256
Power Level
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
8 dBmV 8 dBmV 8 dBmV 9 dBmV
Upstream Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 2
Frequency 38000000 Hz
Ranging Service ID 4781
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/sec
Power Level 55 dBmV
Upstream Modulation [3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM

Ranging Status Success
Signal Stats (Codewords) Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID 1 2 3 4
Total Unerrored Codewords 3876727499 3876169932 3876178101 3876187577
Total Correctable Codewords 13 15 32 61
Total Uncorrectable Codewords 548 1396 1394 525
June

June to dellsweig

Anon

to dellsweig
I measured my speed directly connected from my modem to the pc..And today I just installed my netgear router and tested the speed while it was directly connected to the router and I received the same results..

Also I was getting the same speed test results with the old Ubee DDw3611 :/
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

Here is your problem "Power Level 55 dBmV" that is way too high, recommended is "~40-49dBmV". Your bottleneck seems to be the upstream having too much power thus causing you to fallback to 16QAM giving you the lower upload speeds. It could be as simple as moving the modem to the first cable splitter in your house, or it could be something on Time Warner Cables network. If the latter you'd have to call them, but how is your modem connected? But if your not sure what to do, then you can just call and ask for tier 3, they can run tests and go from there.

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi to June

Premium Member

to June
His upstream is max 16QAM, too high power level wouldnt lower modulation it would either T4 timeout or operate. But yes, if he has any splitters try to remove at least 1 and see how it changes your signal and anything else.

June
@rr.com

June

Anon

Would doing so improve my bandwidth and make the speeds more consistent? I might have to call out a tech for that..Also the devices connected to the wireless network suffer greatly too. (Example: I lag horribly on pc games and XBL games)
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

That depends where the problem lies, if its that simple it should fix it, but if its with Time Warner Cables system, then the problems will persist.

June
@rr.com

June

Anon

Here are the results I got this morning when I tested my bandwidth..but its weird because I haven't done anything to try to fix the problem and I wanna know why I can't receive these speeds on a more consistent basis throughout the day.

Jabbu
Premium Member

Jabbu to June

Premium Member

to June
What city are you in?

In your original post you used a toronto server, then your last post is a hamilton server.

I constantly getting my cap, 30/5, but toronto will only test me out at 14/2, and hamilton will give me 30/4.

If you are in NY you should be using speedtest.nyroc.rr.com

June
@rr.com

June

Anon

I'm in Niagara Falls, NY. I have tried using that speed test on time warner's website, but every time I go to that page, the "begin test" button does not appear and this message shows up instead : This site is for use by Time Warner Cable Customers of the Buffalo, Rochester, Central NY, Albany, & New England Divisions. For additional assistance, please visit help.rr.com.

Also this test is from Hamilton, ON :

Jabbu
Premium Member

Jabbu to June

Premium Member

to June
Using IE? Try chrome, also try »speedtest-buffalo.nyroc.rr.com