spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Linker
join:2012-09-25
Chicago, IL

Linker

[Connectivity] [Chicago - Lakeview] Internet Cutting Randomly

For the last few weeks (perhaps over a month now) the internet cuts out for 30 seconds to a minute at random intervals throughout the day and evening. It stops on all devices (LAN or WIRI) long enough to cut out any Skype call, video streaming, or video game connection. I've contacted RCN twice about it now and the tests they run say their modem is fine and that it must be my wireless router. My router is/was 6 years old so I got a new one and continued to have this issue. I returned the new router for a different brand only to have the issue persist. I'd agree to have someone come to check out the connections and the modem but I don't want to run the risk of being charged $50 when it isn't a problem with my hardware. I work nearby to the RCN building near Addison so taking the modem in is a possibility but not preferred as my wife works from home on the internet. I see that others are having similar issues in the area and even some in my building. What can be done to resolve this issue? I've been a customer for 3 years with little problems until this. I'd really like to stick with RCN but can't afford a connection that is unreliable. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Encoded Mac: abb68edff7bca252a9783cde119af267aaacf58d

Let me know if there is anything you need from me.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Numquam oblita
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone

lilhurricane

Numquam oblita

(topic move) [Connectivity] [Chicago - Lakeview] Internet Cuttin

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »[Connectivity] [Chicago - Lakeview] Internet Cutting Randoml
Linker
join:2012-09-25
Chicago, IL

Linker

Re: [Connectivity] [Chicago - Lakeview] Internet Cutting Randoml

I am still having these issues. Someone please respond.
Expand your moderator at work