All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to J E F F4

to J E F F4

Re: Can we hope for 25mbps (or more) on Tek Cable soon?

said by J E F F4:

Rogers has changed their cap overage, this month, so at the end of the day, it might be any different. It's $2 per GB no cap, from what I understand.

I believe they moved the cap to $100, up from $50. I didn't really pay attention since I have yet to go over 120Gb (though it's come close a couple of times when I had several days off in a month and was glued to Netflix).

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

For $62+tax PLUS modem rental fee's 120GB is pitiful.
MichelR
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

said by J E F F4:

For $62+tax PLUS modem rental fee's 120GB is pitiful.

No argument there. It's not the best value for the money, but the connection has been rock-solid (99.99999999% anyway) for 6+ years. That's also my only remaining Rogers service, and I'm a bit wary of getting "accidentally" disconnected if I switch to an independent (seen lots of stories like that - even with the TPIA tag). I'm also not too fond of their tech support response time for tickets issued by a third-party.
arahman56
join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON

arahman56

My experience with Distributel has been great, very stable service (as they use Rogers's lines, it's just as stable as Rogers). Don't let the worry of Rogers screwing you over keep you from switching to an independent (I guess it's start.ca in this case?). If they do so, just file a complaint.
MichelR
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR

said by arahman56:

My experience with Distributel has been great, very stable service (as they use Rogers's lines, it's just as stable as Rogers). Don't let the worry of Rogers screwing you over keep you from switching to an independent (I guess it's start.ca in this case?). If they do so, just file a complaint.

I'm considering it. A friend of mine lives in the same building and has been with Distributel for a few months without problems (he does have cable TV though, so no chance they'd yank out his cable). Filing a complaint... yeah... But you're still waiting several days without Internet before somebody shows up to fix the problem (in my case Internet is also the phone and TV).