Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

2 edits

Jobbie to djlar

Premium Member

to djlar

Re: [MoP] How was it?

One comment for you guys trying to level your two specs the quest rewards, not all, check what is your spec at the moment of the turn in and adjusts the rewards accordingly, specially the first area so if you are strong on one spec but lack the other go ahead and try this.

I am questing Ret but trying to get as much Prot gear as I can this way before getting into the dungeons.

Edit: clarity

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

say what?

You get rewards based on your spec? So if you dual-spec you have to change to the spec you want gear from? Is that how loot is given in dungeons now too?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

no, dungeons function how they always have, and yes you have to have what spec you want gear for, for pure classes it will not matter, for ppl that are say resto boom chicken it wont matter, but for warriors or monks or hybrid players yes you need to do one of 2 things run in alternating zones for both specs or change spec before turning it in

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

"run in alternating zones for both specs" - say wha?
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

after jade forest there are 2 zones for each level so you can go to one zone for spec get some gear then travel to the other level appropriate zone for your other spec, i did some of this in the beta and it was great i got to do diferent quests on a different spec and i was happy with it.

Antonica
Premium Member

Antonica

Premium Member

So you no way to get gear for your 2nd spec unless you are that spec? For quests and raids?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
I've only seen this for many quest rewards in the first zone and dungeon quests not boss loot. I found out when questing on my druid I turned it a quest as resto and it gave me 3 diffrerent reward options for some reason I didn't turn in and switched to cat to continue questing and when I turned it in it only gave me the option for a feral staff. I double checked on my druid and Paladin, and now started checking quests for both specs before turning in.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
there are some quests in each zone that give a choice of 2 pieces, you have to choose what piece you want for what spec, but say you choose one spec piece and want another of the same thing for your other spec you can go to the other zone and get that off spec piece, you always have a choice, it depends on what spec you need gear for

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
In all honesty... the best way to gear up and level up is in guild dungeon runs. You can load up on quest gear for each spec (solo-uno-style) by dedicating a zone to each spec... but if that seems too time consuming, a guild group is the way to go.

The quests are very engaging, and I keep noticing the finer touches that make the game so great.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Immer:

In all honesty... the best way to gear up and level up is in guild dungeon runs. You can load up on quest gear for each spec (solo-uno-style) by dedicating a zone to each spec... but if that seems too time consuming, a guild group is the way to go.

The quests are very engaging, and I keep noticing the finer touches that make the game so great.

If I can continue to get 25 levels a night, I should be ready for dungeons in no time. (to bad that will not happen once I hit Cata)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well now I can't even log onto battlenet

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Ginjer

to Ginjer
Cata experience was nerfed to the ground man.

I saw a Monk about 2 and a half hours after release at level 83.