spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tapi
@softlayer.com

tapi

Anon

Strange Software...

I have a great concern about our cell phones,I just saw a news on our local TV that some sort of illegal software can be used by some unscrupulous people to send text msgs. from any cell phone number to any other number without the knowledge of the phone #'s owner and without having physically installed any software on any phone, i.e for instance the hacker can use my cell number without my knowledge to send a text from his computer where ever he is in the country or world, and the receiver of the text will see my number displayed, he just have to have phone #s to use for illegal purposes, and the actual sender will remain unknown.

Is this possible? Dose any software of this kind exist? if so how to safeguard our selves from this kind of unlawful usage!

Your answer will be highly appreciated to ease our concerns, thank you

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav

Premium Member

Dont worry, im only using your number to order pizza.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano to tapi

MVM

to tapi
If you're on Android phone, install some security / anti-virus suite. There are several available on the google play market.

dslcreature
Premium Member
join:2010-07-10
Seattle, WA

dslcreature to tapi

Premium Member

to tapi
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ca ··· spoofing

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to tapi

Premium Member

to tapi
Stay away from paid apps that are hacked to be free, and use the legit store. Check the permissions the app needs to run, as well.

And don't surf sketchy sites from your device. Malware is everywhere these days.