Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

[Professions] Pandaria Mining

So, has anyone seen this drop yet? What are your thoughts? I think it is pretty cool. It is crazy to see the 100% drop chance though?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
All gathering professions get similar stuff. It's talked about in the profession changes thread a couple days ago.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Ginjer
that doesnt exist my friend, according to wowhead anyway

Don69Fire
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Danville, WV
reply to Ginjer
where does it drop at. what lvl do you need to be there.

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

All gathering professions get similar stuff. It's talked about in the profession changes thread a couple days ago.

I know that many of them give you a +10 to skinning, herbalism, mining, but this is the first I saw of this particular item. I will have to read more through the professions thread.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Jodokast

join:2012-05-10
there is an engineering item that lets you see extra mining\herb nodes.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Ginjer
okay it didnt turn up in my first seach but hes the skinny

it is part of a new system in Mists called Lost and Found, it is par of rare spawn, very rare, gear.

this particular one is found in the Greenstone Quarry in Jade Forest
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by cymraeg:

okay it didnt turn up in my first seach but hes the skinny

it is part of a new system in Mists called Lost and Found, it is par of rare spawn, very rare, gear.

this particular one is found in the Greenstone Quarry in Jade Forest

Well, once I get my Monk leveled up, it looks like I will have to find both this and whatever the equiv. isf or herbalism. Looks like a fun time.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (85 Goblin Priest), Sunlock (85 Orc Warlock), Dalishaman (85 Orc Shaman) MG/H

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
reply to Ginjer
I think I saw this last night, a Horde DK beat me to it picking it up. I just figured it was a quest item. The rare items are just laying around and are rare spawns. I got to pay more attention to things that glimmer.
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Ginjer
Premium
Honolulu, HI
said by Feralmordius:

I think I saw this last night, a Horde DK beat me to it picking it up. I just figured it was a quest item. The rare items are just laying around and are rare spawns. I got to pay more attention to things that glimmer.

Yeah, that is why I was confused. It says from a "chest" with a 100% drop chance. It doesn't look like it is a chest if you saw it ont he ground, and with it being "rare", how does that equate to it being a 100% drop? More like a 100% drop when it decides to spawn.
--

Feralmordius

join:2011-01-18
That screen capture may be from MOP. I had to look it up once I saw your post. Then I realized what I might of saw last night.

Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick - wowhead
By benergy (1,016 – 7) on 2012/07/29 (Patch 4.3.4)
I found this today while questing in Greenstone Quarry in The Jade Forest. I ran around a corner and saw it lying on some rocks. I don't remember the exact spot, but it's a small cave. It was sparkling like an un-looted mob, but it wasn't a drop. I was also awarded the Lost and Found achievement.

Just to confirm, you can use this to replace your regular mining pick.

Also, although the caption reads "Allows you to find gems while mining in Pandaria," I have yet to find any gems from mining Ghost Iron Ore.

Marcsoup on 2012/08/11 (Patch 4.3.4)
Coordinates are actually about 43.9 30.7
--
Tiermordius on Nathrezim Server (US)
Main Tank for Pride and Ego

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Jodokast
said by Jodokast:

there is an engineering item that lets you see extra mining\herb nodes.

Indeed there is. Plus - it doesn't have to be equipped to get the benefit. Plus plus - you don't have to have a certain engineering skill to use it. Meaning - my DK (eng/ench) will be making one of these and sending it over to my hunter (mine/BS) ASAP. And, I will have to keep my eyes open for that Pick of the Gods. I've finally got my mining up high enough to get at the Rich Ghost Iron nodes, plus I'm far enough away from the starting area that nodes last more than 6 seconds. 0__0