Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to lordpuffer

Re: Assange makes 1st public appearance in 2 months

said by lordpuffer:

said by Frodo:

It's exactly this matter. If I leaked classified Iranian material, should I be extradited to Iran? ...

... if Assange is indicted and extradited to the U.S., he's just going to serve time if found guilty. No political reason not to extradite or to grant asylum. ...

So, if the prisons and treatment in Iran (or other nation) were U.S. style, you'd support extradition in the cited situation?

lordpuffer
RIP lil
Premium
join:2004-09-19
Rio Rancho, NM
kudos:2
Reviews:
·CableOne
said by EGeezer:

said by lordpuffer:

said by Frodo:

It's exactly this matter. If I leaked classified Iranian material, should I be extradited to Iran? ...

... if Assange is indicted and extradited to the U.S., he's just going to serve time if found guilty. No political reason not to extradite or to grant asylum. ...

So, if the prisons and treatment in Iran (or other nation) were U.S. style, you'd support extradition in the cited situation?

No, not to Iran. Why? Because IMO, Iran does not have a legitimate government.
--
Obama in 2012 - Vote For The Poor And The Middle Class - The Teabaggers Are Done.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
reply to EGeezer
said by EGeezer:

said by lordpuffer:

said by Frodo:

you need an extradition treaty first. If we had a treaty first of all I hope it would take prison conditions into account and second of all I would say it would have to be enforced.
--
--Standard disclaimers apply.--