This is a sub-selection from The Great and Powerful Google
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to Crookshanks

to Crookshanks

Re: The Great and Powerful Google

They already claimed that their HSI product would make money. So making money on the TV product is BS. Also if it was that way, they need to un-bundle the 2 products and show the real price of both combined, the same as TV and Telco does. Google fails to do that and in order to have their TV product, you MUST have their HSI product. People on here cried when VZ started forcing its customers to have dial-tone again to get DSL, but it's different with Google and its total BS on this site with the GoogleBoys.
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks

said by hottboiinnc4:

They already claimed that their HSI product would make money. So making money on the TV product is BS.

????

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. All I said was that selling TV provides them with additional revenue, and that said revenue helps them recoup the build costs faster than they otherwise would.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to hottboiinnc4

to hottboiinnc4
Easy answer: TV is not a profit center for Google Fiber. It's a "look at this tech and see what it can do" center. Unbundling it would probably result in costs of $70+ per month for TV-only.

Plus, doing TV-only service runs against Google's entire purpose for their fiber network: get more people using the Internet more of the time, so they'll use Google services more. A TV-only product doesn't do this. FTTH is a stupid idea for linear-video-only distribution, something that can be done just as well over satellite or coax. Which is why for Google the prime product in their offering is Internet, not TV.

If you want TV-only service, you have three companies in KC to choose from, and Google doesn't really want your patronage anyway. In the case of Verizon, they just want to raise Internet prices without raising the sticker price of the Internet option, so they started requiring landlines. Similar to what they did with Share Everything for data plans. Google never had the precedent of unbundled TV, so why fault them for not having it when you can get a similar product from Dish, DirecTV or TWC?

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to Crookshanks

Premium Member

to Crookshanks
He's just a Google hater, apparently.

Apparently he likes lack of choice and monopolies--- OR he's an employee or stockholder of TWC.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to Crookshanks

to Crookshanks
but the fact is they do NOT need the TV income and they're most likely NOT making anything off it. If they were they'd disclose their prices withOUT forced bundling. And its already been said that Google NEVER signed a contract with the actual content owners anyway, they used a company that has mass deals with everyone else.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to KrK

to KrK
First I don't live in a TWC area any longer, never worked for them either. So just because someone doesn't like Google they now work for them? Yah okay w/e.

and I don't lack options thank you, and neither does anyone else. So stop spreading that lie. I have the choice of HSI and TV and phones. and you should know that monoply means ONE company available. Not when you have 2 or 3 or even more. And EVERYONE has the choice of at least 2 TV providers.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to iansltx

to iansltx
I know TV is not Google's main product, but still forcing bundling still is illegal. And the DOJ and the FTC needs to step up and put the foot up their ass.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK to hottboiinnc4

Premium Member

to hottboiinnc4
Clearly personal axe to grind is clouding your objectivity.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to KrK

Premium Member

to KrK
He or she is a Google hater because he states a marketing ploy being made by Google for giving you TV services but only if you purchase internet as well which is also known as tying for the industry.

Also if company A, spent the resources to make and create these local channels and they want Google to pay for them to broadcast these services for their customers then they should pay. If Google does not like the price then move along or increase cost and don't bundle TV with internet.

Makes me wonder if they bundle so they can inflate the numbers of actual internet and tv subscribers...

Oh and once again, kissing any companies ass won't get you anywhere so to shun him or her for stating a marketing ploy does not make him a hater and makes you look like the "fanboi".

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

Uh huh.

Sure, whatever you say. Not the rantings or anything.
« TWC
This is a sub-selection from The Great and Powerful Google