Search similar:

uniqs
biochemistry
Premium Member
join:2003-05-09

biochemistry

Premium Member

but but

I thought verizon was a separate company from verizon wireless. If so, why would the wireline verizon want to stop expanding?

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios

legally they are not the same but internally they are
the current CEO of VZN is the a former wireless guy so yea not surprised this happened he wants to push wireless
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to biochemistry

Premium Member

to biochemistry
said by biochemistry:

I thought verizon was a separate company from verizon wireless. If so, why would the wireline verizon want to stop expanding?

FiOS expansion is on a hiatus. Everyone continues taking management's words of "we aren't expanding FiOS now" to mean the company is never expanding its FTTH plant ever again. Give it time and I bet we'll see FiOS expanding in the next 3-5 years.

I responded to CMX_Splicer's similar question. regarding Verzion and Cellco Partnership.

Cellco Partnership (d.b.a. Verizon Wireless) is a majority owned subsidiary of VZ. As a holding company, VZ consolidates Cellco's financial accounting with its own. Money flows both ways.

openbox9

openbox9 to elios

Premium Member

to elios
said by elios:

the current CEO of VZN is the a former wireless guy so yea not surprised this happened he wants to push wireless

The current CEO was selected because he was the former wireless guy. In the last few years, Verizon focused its CAPEX on LTE and it's logical that the company have someone at the head that knows how to monetize that investment. VZ did the same thing during the FiOS times too.