uniqs
share rss forum feed

RedCaliSS
Premium
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

1 recommendation

blah blah

blah blah blah... everyone whining about what Verizon is or isn't doing. it does not matter.. as much as I hate it just as much as the next schmuck, but feel very fortunate that I do have FIOS.. everyone forgets one simple fact.. they are a private non government entity.. they are a publicly traded corporation.. they are a business.. Verizon just like any business is out to make $$$.. like it or not thats the plain simple fact.. they are a business, they are in the business to make money for themselves and the stockholders(which i dare say I have stock in Vz). I'm self employed and I sure as hell do not work for free, I'm driven to show a profit at the end of each quarter so my family can live in a comfortable lifestyle.
Verizon has to make sound business decisions. if not they stand to lose billions...
It is our own fault as a people and a republic that we've elected idiots to represent us and our best interests..

Telco

join:2008-12-19
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Our point is that we do not want some board determining the future of our nation. Where we watch the rest of the world overtake us in everything while we are at the whims of profits.

The day China amassed $2 Trillion in liquid cash, it was all over for the failed Reaganomics Republican creed. More and more Americans are waking up to the reality of 20120. That with the exception of ourselves, no one left in G20 powerhouse of economies shares the Republican no-gov creed - they're all Big Gov nations.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
reply to RedCaliSS
said by RedCaliSS:

they are a private non government entity.. they are a publicly traded corporation.. they are a business.

A business that is dependent on public infrastructure. A nationwide telecommunications network can not exist without the public ROW and even the wireless doesn't exist without the use of the public airwaves.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
reply to Telco
said by Telco:

Our point is that we do not want some board determining the future of our nation.

VZ's BoD hardly determines the future of the US. I think some of you guys misunderstand what these companies exist to do. Perhaps we should reassemble the real Ma Bell again? Everyone won back then, right?

openbox9
Premium
Germany
reply to Sammer
The public has leased both of those resources to Verizon (and many other companies) for use to provide services. The public has agreed to the terms of those leases just as the companies have.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
said by openbox9:

The public has leased both of those resources to Verizon (and many other companies) for use to provide services. The public has agreed to the terms of those leases just as the companies have.

Verizon's customers paid for those leases and I'd like to see the part of their bill where they agreed to the terms (from politicians and bureaucrats) of those leases.

openbox9
Premium
Germany
Revenues paid for the leases. I'm sure they're lined out as expenses in the companies' accounting. You likely won't see the lines.....especially on customers bills. If you want to see the terms of the leases, speak with your local lessors that conducted the negotiations on your behalf.