uniqs

Ike1
join:2012-06-02
Brooklyn, NY

Ike1 to kes601

to kes601

Re: Hawaii Five-O vs Hawaii Five-0

said by kes601:

Overnight ratings have nothing to do w/DVR recordings -- they are added in later, so I'd have to say no.

Wrong -- the most commonly-reported numbers are "live plus same day" numbers. So anybody who would have watched by 3 a.m. on their DVRs should have been counted, but perhaps wasn't.

However I'd say that if the problem was limited to Verizon DVRs and the horrible, worthless guide data from the horrible, worthless FYI Television Inc. provider, then that probably wasn't enough to affect the ratings significantly. Does the pathetic, useless FYI provide guide data to any other companies? AT&T maybe?

So, KCrimson is probably right that it was just competition from Revolution, etc.

As for Two Broke Girls not providing a good lead-in, it wasn't down from the ratings that the sharply declining, equally-hacky and lame 2.5 Men was turning in by spring 2012.

(BTW, I'm not a H5-0 fan. Just an interested observer.)

»tvbythenumbers.zap2it.co ··· ers-102/
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Ok, so it includes "same day" DVR viewing, but how many people are going to be watching a 10:00 p.m. DVRed show on the same day?

CeeZee
join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

1 edit

CeeZee

said by kes601:

Ok, so it includes "same day" DVR viewing, but how many people are going to be watching a 10:00 p.m. DVRed show on the same day?

Actually, I do that fairly often. It lets me skip through the commercials. Last night I recorded it and started watching it at around 10:20, skipped through the ads and watched until the end which was a little after 11:00. Then just deleted it. Before I started watching H50 I caught up with some earlier recorded programs I hadn't gotten around to yet.

But I'm sure this approach isn't very common.

Edit: I try to not watch anything "real time", even if I'm watching it the same day/night it is showing. I record everything to avoid ads.