FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 edit
reply to Moorecards

Re: [NFL] Week 4 Games Discussion

NFL & regular refs close to contract. Refs say they could be ready to go Sunday. League says maybe the weekend after this.

»www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/09/2···ew-deal/

While the league is fining coaches for berating replacement refs:
»www.boston.com/news/local/massac···ory.html
--
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_home/
»www.gop.com/2012-republican-plat···onalism/

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31
kudos:2

2 edits
Wow...I sure hope it happens. I'm not surprised they've settled back at the table and are trying to come to some sort of agreement in light of this unreal fiasco going on right now.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize this is hurting the league big time.
It's amazing they still handed out some pretty hefty fines. Belichick fined 50K..wow. (I suppose they have no choice). Hey, he can afford it. But If I were one of the coaches effected, they'd be handing out more than fines...I'd probably be serving jail time.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FFH5
I don't see berating officials (on the field, in person, as the bad calls fly) as that big of a deal, really, but doing so in the media should be fined. Touching one should be fined substantially.

Get the real refs back so there are less bad calls.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to jabarnut
50k is nothing to Belicheat.
He paid half a million a few years ago. Granted he won some Superbowls for that half-million, and here he only got to inappropriately touch a ref.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
Oh, I agree that's just a minor drop in the bucket for him. I mean, after all, the fines are a joke to begin with. Just a way for the league to say they were 'bad boys'.
Whatever, I just want some Refs back that know what the hell they're doing. (Well, as much as Refs are capable of knowing what the hell they're doing).
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Speaking of fines, Mundy was fined $21,000 for the hit on Heyward-Bey that knocked him unconscious.
»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84281···-bey-hit

I really don't get why, with the NFL's safety first policies, they don't drop some bigger fines and/or suspensions for hits that are clearly illegal.
--

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

Interesting...last I heard, he was going to get a one game suspension.
And he should have, as far as I'm concerned. (Or maybe more).
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
I think you're thinking of the guy who hit Schaub?

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31
No, I was specifically thinking of the Bey helmet hit, But hey, I don't know. Fine or suspend all of them...even the cheerleaders!
Most of all, fine the replacement Refs for changing the outcome of the whole season.
Lets see...the Packers end up missing the playoffs by one game. lol. Hey, "it don't matter to me".
--

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

He paid half a million a few years ago. Granted he won some Superbowls for that half-million, and here he only got to inappropriately touch a ref.

From ESPN's D J Gallo:

The “Monday Night Football” referee fiasco was so big it got attention outside of sports. When the “Today” show does a sports segment, you know you’re going to have to deal with uninformed people trying to talk sports with you at work. Some of these people may even be replacement officials.

Press Conference Questions Someone Should Have Asked

Bill Belichick: “You were unable to stop that ref from running down the field. Would any of your defensive players have been able to stop him?”
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to Rook008
said by Rook008:

Belicheat! That's funny! Did you come up with that all by your self or did you have help?

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
said by capecoddah:

said by Rook008:

Belicheat! That's funny! Did you come up with that all by your self or did you have help?

Lol, now who's butthurt?
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to capecoddah
I had help. I first read it either here on this site or maybe on Sports Illustrated.com.

Glad you thought it was funny though.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

The first time I ever heard "Belicheat", was from rockotman See Profile last season. (Or the season before?)
He may have picked it up somewhere else, but I always got a kick out of it too.
The Pats suck, and so does Belicheat.
--

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

said by jabarnut:

The Pats suck, and so does Belicheat.

This is correct!

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Emerging Research
join:2000-08-06
DSotM
reply to jabarnut
said by jabarnut:

The first time I ever heard "Belicheat", was from rockotman See Profile last season. (Or the season before?

I can't take credit for it... I first heard it (I think it was here on this site) back in 2007 when the spygate shit was going on. I freely admit that I have used it from time to time.

If the foo shits...
--
Shine on you crazy diamond...
Expand your moderator at work

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to Rook008

Re: [NFL] Week 4 Games Discussion

said by Rook008:

Speaking of fines, Mundy was fined $21,000 for the hit on Heyward-Bey that knocked him unconscious.
»espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84281···-bey-hit

Good. I saw that hit and it was inexcusable. There was no attempt to tackle at all, just his hands at his sides launching his head towards Heyward-Bey's head.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty