Search similar:

uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

How do you know when to just move on?

So I was questing in the Jade Forest yesterday. I think I spent like 4-5 hours in there until I was just done. There are so many quests in the Jade Forest, I had just gotten to the lower half of the zone before I decided to just finish one of those bread-crumb quests to the Valley in the west.

How do you know or when would be ideal to move to the next zones (i.e. Toon is lvl 86..time to move on)

Currently I'm level 87 and questing in that zone that's below the Valley of something. Just finished up the quest hub where I killed a Sha of Despair (or something).

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Yeah, I got caught up in the various storylines myself. My raiding main (priest) is just going to move to the next zone as soon as she dings. I'll have time for the other toons (especially the ones with gathering professions) to fully explore zones.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

So your theory or methodology is just 1 zone per level as I understand it. Correct?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Click for full size
That's the goal... to hop through the zones, meet the factions, and keep on leveling and queueing up for dungeons whenever I have 4 guildies with me.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

Hey look. Big green words and number even and Army dude can understand!

Ramikor
@comcastbusiness.net

Ramikor to mettachain

Anon

to mettachain
It depends on whether you're racing to level, or if you're trying to enjoy the trip. If you're racing to level, you should head to the next zone as soon as you can do it reasonably comfortably. If you're trying to enjoy the trip, you should move to the next zone when you're not having fun / feeling adequately challenged (or you're done, of course).

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Hey look. Big green words and number even and Army dude can understand!

Lol...Like I've said a ton on here. I'm not too big into achievements, so I'm moving on as soon as I ding, unless I don't have the bread crumb quest yet.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to mettachain

to mettachain
My first character through zones will try and do all of the quests, until they're all done. That generally means I'll tend to read all of the storyline. Great stuff, really. Once I start leveling up alts, I will try and move to the next zone as soon as I'm able to accept the quests in that zone.
grekan12
join:2011-01-11

grekan12 to Immer

to Immer
Where abouts is that map from Immer? because it doesn't have the same level zone boundries as the Blizzard in-game one.

(sorry, can't post a sceen of in-game one, am at work)

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

So I finished up yet ANOTHER Hemit Nesingwary quest hub....in the Valley of the Four Winds...those damned Sly Foxes don't respawn fast enough.

I decided it was time to move on since I dinged 88 shortly before completion of the quest. I found a long stair case in the NE border of Valley of the Four Winds. Started trekking up the stairs to find another couple quick quests and then a short boat ride into Kun'lai Summit.

Man, I'll tell you what. Kun'lai Summit is pretty fun. There are LOTS of concentrated quest hubs in this zone and they go by pretty quick. I was questing with a buddy from the guild at the time but still. Lots of instant spawns during the quests as well. Overall, I'm liking Kun'lai Summit. I'm about 45% into 88 now.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to grekan12

Premium Member

to grekan12
...odd double post. disregard.
Immer

Immer to grekan12

Premium Member

to grekan12
said by grekan12:

Where abouts is that map from Immer? because it doesn't have the same level zone boundries as the Blizzard in-game one.

I grabbed that image from a guide on TenTonHammer that was last updated Tuesday, Sep 25, 2012.
Feramors
join:2010-05-07
Saint Louis, MO

Feramors to mettachain

to mettachain
I stayed in Jade Forest until all of the quests were completed.

That. Took. Forever.

One thing I don't care for is how there are aspects of the storyline that I literally had to complete the ENTIRE continent of quests to discover.

So...if I would have moved to the next zone when I received the breadcrumb quest, I would have missed two cutscenes and a few area phases. They should at least have the quests labelled "main story" or something, ya know?

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

I couldn't agree more. Some sort of detail that stands out notifying the player of a key storyline quest would be nice.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

This is one reason (of the many) I am so greatful for the new members. It frees me up to take my time leveling my alts... the only toon of mine that will be needed early on is my priest. (shhh... don't tell my druid that, though...)

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
When to move? Simple - when the quests turn green I'm gone.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

My first character through zones will try and do all of the quests, until they're all done. That generally means I'll tend to read all of the storyline. Great stuff, really. Once I start leveling up alts, I will try and move to the next zone as soon as I'm able to accept the quests in that zone.

I am like that, I like to complete the whole the zone before moving on at least on my first character.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

said by shinjuru:

I am like that, I like to complete the whole the zone before moving on at least on my first character.

Just like you. I like to quest in a zone at least until the quests turn green or I am finished. However, for the sake of getting higher IL gear, it may be different this time around, depending of if I am getting spanked a lot by mobs and PvPers.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

You can get IL just by being part of our dungeon crawling marathon this weekend.