All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08 to PCsongBird

Anon

to PCsongBird

Re: Gen 4 in Stock almost ready to install.

This was a good question, I had wondered the same thing. But additionally, I also wonder what the azimuth and elevation will be for to point at this satellite. I mean I know it depends on location, but say for me, in upstate NY, I would like to know the azimuth, as my dish is not just out in the middle of the yard and there are many forested areas around that could block my dish from a lock to the satellite. Is the satellite in the southern sky as well as 113W is? Or? I hope I am not confusing anyone that might know this.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Gen4 is located at 107.1 W. so it is a little east of your present aim point.
dbirdman can give you the numbers if he catches this thread.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to Kman08

MVM

to Kman08
All internet satellites are south of you. You didn't say where in upstate New York, but for example Syracuse: 113 is at 240 magnetic, and Gen4/107 is at 233.5 magnetic.

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Thanks for this gwalk and dbirdman. dbirdman, that is exactly what I was wondering. Thanks. I am north of Syracuse near Fort Drum, and I think, if I remember right, the azimuth now is about 241.1 degrees with 27 degrees elevation ,I have the dish set as high as 36 degrees polarization because to me I obtain better signal rates and more dependable connections than the original 32 that it was at. I guess this will swap right out with the old HN7000S we had for so long then. So right on.

PCsongBird
join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

PCsongBird to Kman08

to Kman08
said by Kman08 :

This was a good question, I had wondered the same thing. But additionally, I also wonder what the azimuth and elevation will be for to point at this satellite. I mean I know it depends on location, but say for me, in upstate NY, I would like to know the azimuth, as my dish is not just out in the middle of the yard and there are many forested areas around that could block my dish from a lock to the satellite. Is the satellite in the southern sky as well as 113W is? Or? I hope I am not confusing anyone that might know this

Here is a good pointing site that gives you some idea of what might be in the way of each satellite at your location. Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps: »www.dishpointer.com/

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Right on, Corrosive beat you to the punch to send me that site and the numbers. But thanks, spot on. Helped me out, and relief to know the sky is even clearer with that azimuth than it was before. Good stuff.