spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JasoninWV
@comcastbusiness.net

JasoninWV

Anon

NFL Network

NFL Network is NOT available on all Time Warner systems.

Absolutely pathetic...the last straw!

Here I come satellite!

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Where is it not available ?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Racerbob:

Where is it not available ?

in almost all of the rural areas that TWC serves in the US. I think the issue is TWC is having to order the transcoder/receivers from the NFL Network and they have to wait for them to get to each headend for installation. This is not going to happen over night usually when a channel is announced to be added it is announced a month in advance but the NFL network went into affect right away which has caused this issue of not 100% availability before thursday.

I am surprised that TWC got the receivers in place for some areas 4 hours after the deal was announced!

JasoninWV you should be getting the NFL Network very soon as your system has the bandwidth if you are in Clarksburg WV area. I would hope you are to get the channel in HD but you might not get it in HD if they are low on bandwidth for HD channels in your area.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

Are any channels delivered via IP to the headends?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by swintec:

I don't think so other than some local channels that use fiber back haul to the headends in areas that are close enough to the stations.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to motorola870

Premium Member

to motorola870
"in almost all of the rural areas that TWC serves in the US."

Define Rural? We have many Rural areas in WNY all of which are getting the NFL Network.

"I don't think so other than some local channels that use fiber back haul to the headends in areas that are close enough to the stations."

Totally inaccurate.

Hob

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
said by swintec:

At some point, everything on SDV is multicast IP. I'm sure much of the rest is too... at some point.

No point in passing channels as QAM or analog between sites if they can avoid it. Both are on analog transport mediums and need reamplification of the RF periodically. Reamplification adds noise and other signal impairments.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

"in almost all of the rural areas that TWC serves in the US."

Define Rural? We have many Rural areas in WNY all of which are getting the NFL Network.

"I don't think so other than some local channels that use fiber back haul to the headends in areas that are close enough to the stations."

Totally inaccurate.

Hob

Well I am defining rural as the areas of KY, TN, IN, IL, WV, AL, CO, VA that do not have the NFL Network on TWC. Most of these systems are 750MHz/860MHz without SDV or have SDV with less than 100 HD channels. Time Warner Cable has about 30-60 HD channels in the areas I am talking about and these are really rural areas that are sparsely populated compared to rural areas of NY.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"these are really rural areas that are sparsely populated compared to rural areas of NY"

I really wish that generic statements such as this were not made in forums like this, when was the last time you were in the Southern Tier? Do you have a list of the areas that currently don't have the NFL network or are you just reacting to an anonymous post from a Comcast business class IP address?

Hob

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by hobgoblin:

"these are really rural areas that are sparsely populated compared to rural areas of NY"

I really wish that generic statements such as this were not made in forums like this, when was the last time you were in the Southern Tier? Do you have a list of the areas that currently don't have the NFL network or are you just reacting to an anonymous post from a Comcast business class IP address?

Hob

Actually yes I have gone through the website listings and found that those areas are the main areas that are missing the channels.

Here is where NFL Network and NFL Redzone are missing on TWC:
Midwest-National (IN, IL, KY, WV areas)
Western TN-KY (Old New Wave systems)
Richlands/Tazewell VA
Grundy/Keene Mountain VA
Dothan AL
Enterprise AL
Telluride CO
Texas non SDV areas (motorola/Scientific Atlanta overlay areas)

There are others but they are far and between basically analog areas and areas that are 330MHz-450MHz on TWC.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· nels.pdf

A list of where it is available and what channel number

JasoninWV
@rr.com

JasoninWV to JasoninWV

Anon

to JasoninWV
I am leaving Time Warner Cable. There is no excuse for certain areas nowadays to have 25 (yes that's correct 25) HD Channels AND STILL no NFL Network.

Othet "rural" areas in WV serviced by other cable companies (read Comcast) has 50-100 available. The difference? Comcast cares about their customers.

Motorola...there's no excuse a to why we don't have it. If we are on an obsolete system, Time Warner should've upgraded us when they upgraded the rest of the system.

Pathetic customer support.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

The reason why you don't have 100 HD channels in the clarksburg area is TWC is phasing out motorola boxes in Clarksburg and if you have a motorola box that might be why you are only seeing 25 HD channels as they have these available in WV:

501 HBO East High Definition
505 Showtime High Definition
551 Smithsonian Channel HD
554 MGM HD
555 RFD HD
556 Universal HD
557 MAV HD
676 MTV HD
677 VH1 HD
678 BET HD
679 CMT HD
680 Spike HD
681 Nickelodeon HD
682 Comedy Central

702 KDKA HD
704 WTAE-DT (ABC HD)
705 WDTV HD
707 WVFX-DT
708 WNPB (PBS HD)
711 WBOY ABC HD
712 WBOY NBC HD
751 Velocity
752 TNT HD
753 ESPN-HD
754 ESPN2 HD
755 Palladia
756 A&E HD
757 TBS HD
759 Bravo HD
763 Discovery Channel HD
764 TLC HD
767 National Geographic HD

769 History HD
773 Lifetime HD
774 ABC Family HD
775 Disney HD

777 USA HD
778 SyFy HD
784 NBC Sports HD
785 CNN HD
786 Fox News HD

788 CNBC HD+

more than likely you need to swap out your box if you have a motorola box as the HD channels in bold above might not be on the motorola boxes and only the Scientific Atlanta/Cisco boxes as your area has an overlay and they are probably wanting to get everyone off of the motorola boxes asap so they can get you to 100 HD channels.

clarksburg is actually upgraded to 860MHz which is on the upper end of TWC systems and that supports 100 HD channels the thing is you need SDV which TWC cannot launch until the motorola boxes are gone in your system.
Bookworm
Premium Member
join:2003-07-04
Ashland, KY

Bookworm

Premium Member

In Ashland, Kentucky the NFL Network is not on the cable system because they are waiting on the installation of receivers.

It is available on the iPad app and the authenticated website.

We have 63 HD channels, if I counted correctly...

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Bookworm:

In Ashland, Kentucky the NFL Network is not on the cable system because they are waiting on the installation of receivers.

It is available on the iPad app and the authenticated website.

We have 63 HD channels, if I counted correctly...

I think the NFL Network ran out of receivers for the headends and had to order more and TWC is waiting them. It would explain why all of the former adelphia and New Wave areas in KY are missing the NFL Network.
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

rjbasye

Insight areas which cover KY IN and OH, had the channel quickly. I'm guessing they never returned the receiver to them which is why they had no problems putting the channel back on their system.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by rjbasye:

I'm guessing they never returned the receiver to them which is why they had no problems putting the channel back on their system.

That is an interesting theory. If a special receiver is needed, how did so many areas add it so quickly..within hours? Did they use the ones from the Adelphia days in the markets they took over?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

all of the former adelphia areas in KY do not have the NFL Network along with some other areas.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

Could TWC add the NFL Network and optional Red Zone, for those systems that don't have it soon? Or do they have to wait for channel capacity upgrades in the nodes?

Satch

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Satch:

Could TWC add the NFL Network and optional Red Zone, for those systems that don't have it soon? Or do they have to wait for channel capacity upgrades in the nodes?

Satch

it is not a capacity issue per say more like backordered IRD (satellite transcoder/receiver) that the headends need for the NFL Network/NFL Red Zone that is hold up the launch in the rest of the systems.