share rss forum feed

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[E-mail] Webmail has been horrid past couple of days

Webmail has been horrid, timeouts... never loading and when finally logged in received a "work in progress" the server appears to be slow to respond error. Hell, last night at home I got an error that I needed to be on Comcast to check my email. I forget the exact error but that was the gist of it.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by NOCTech75:

Webmail has been horrid, timeouts... never loading and when finally logged in received a "work in progress" the server appears to be slow to respond error. Hell, last night at home I got an error that I needed to be on Comcast to check my email. I forget the exact error but that was the gist of it.

Did the message look like this?

I have gotten that message if I try to access my old residential Comcast/Xfinity email by clicking on the Email link on the Comcast/Xfinity portal page ever since I started using Comcast Business Class service. Possibly you recently got a new IP address assigned that is not yet on the Xfinity webmail ACL.

I get around that problem by using this url (that I have saved as a bookmark): »xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/ instead of clicking on the portal page link (sometimes I have to click that bookmarked url once to get logged in, and then click it again to access the webmail site).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
reply to NOCTech75

That's one of them, and it doesn't matter how I enter it, in some cases it finally displays the emails but it's slow as molasses.

djcrazy
Premium
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN
reply to NOCTech75

It has been crappy for longer than that now. The last month or so has been real bad as it seems most of my expected email doesn't arrive. I have been shifting much of my stuff to Gmail now because it just.... works!

camper
Premium
join:2010-03-21
Bethel, CT
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast

I dread any time I have to use Comcast's webmail interface. The UI tries to be twice as smart as it needs to be and, as a result, seems to be constantly tripping over itself.

It makes me yearn for the good ole days with static HTML webmail interfaces.