uniqs
share rss forum feed

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
Reviews:
·Revol Wireless
·Optimum Online

[Exchange] Exchange 2010 with Thunderbird.

I am having an issue, with exchange 2k10. I try to imap or pop to the server with thunderbird and I'm constantly getting connection failed, while I can login with the web based, I keep getting myself locked out because of to many session connections, I've up it on the server but it's not playing nice still and pop and imap are configured server side.

and google is not helping me figure out a solution.

MineCoast
Premium
join:2004-10-06

A bit difficult to troubleshoot without knowing anything about the exchange server, but perhaps POP/IMAP access is disabled for your account on the exchange server?

moes

Cedar City, UT

I did enable them. I'm trying to get this done without having to hack the crap out of thunderbird.

MineCoast
Premium
join:2004-10-06
reply to moes

Are you trying to connect using SSL or without SSL? If SSL, do you have a valid cert, not just a self signed one?

moes

Cedar City, UT

Currently no SSL, thats in the process once our cert guy gets back in from vacation on the 15th.

lorennerol
Premium
join:2003-10-29
Seattle, WA
reply to moes

Put Wireshark on the client side and look at the packets to/from the server IP. If you aren't using SSL they won't be encrypted and you should be able to see the problem.

techguyga
Premium
join:2003-12-31
Cumming, GA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to moes

I'm assuming that you've gone through some of the setup guides, like this? »www.ezunix.org/index.php?title=S···nge_2007

Also, make sure your username is in the domain\username format.