how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

[TV] Fibe TV 2.2 features

Anyone know's what will be the new features with mediaroom 2.2 ?

Jack_Bauer

join:2012-06-30
Boisbriand, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Il y a du monde qui a eu la mise à jour 2.2 à date?

Selon Martin, c'est du 9 oct. au 6 nov. que cela va être déployée, donc il est possible qu'il y aille des personnes qui l'ont déjà eu.
--
Connexion: Bell Internet Fibe 50 Mbps / 50 Mbps

RIG

@bell.ca

Quelles sont les nouveautés avec la version 2.2?

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..
reply to Mont

I think it's mainly troubleshooting tools they've added,

"Customers can now identify transient video impairments with more granular subscriber-centric video performance data, identify set-top box to HDTV connection issues with advanced HDMI connection details, assist subscribers with menu navigation issues by using remote captures and control of the customer’s TV experience and verify in-home connection with active set-top box connection test."

urbang33k

join:2010-02-13
Canada
kudos:1

said by xsbell:

"Customers can now identify transient video impairments with more granular subscriber-centric video performance data, identify set-top box to HDTV connection issues with advanced HDMI connection details, assist subscribers with menu navigation issues by using remote captures and control of the customer’s TV experience and verify in-home connection with active set-top box connection test."

whered you get that quote?
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Primus Telecommu..

said by urbang33k:

said by xsbell:

whered you get that quote?

From another providers (not Bell) press release regarding the Mediaroom 2.2 update.

urbang33k

Canada
reply to Mont

New features:
• Multiple Favourite Lists
• Global Closed Captioning Control
• ‘Watch Next Episode’ and ‘Back’ Buttons for Recorded Series
• Change to Remote Instant Channel Change (ICC)
• EPG Show Description Delay Change
• New HD Genre

New Client Abilities
• Content Side Loading
• Channel Logo Update
• Emergency Response System (EAS)
• PF Performance Enhancements

String Changes
• Strings leading to call in
• Basic troubleshooting for ‘No Signal’ message
--
Opinions and ideas expressed in my post are my own and in no way represent those of Bell Canada Enterprises, Bell Canada, Bell TV, Bell Internet, Bell Mobility, Bell Technical Solutions, Expertech, or any other partners under the BCE umbrella.

Mont

Saint-Leonard, QC

3 edits

Thanks , shouldn't it have new applications beside the rds and tsn ones ?

The channel logo update though only apply to the 2200's.

Raphzugen1

@bell.ca
reply to Mont

Any information about TV Caller ID ?

Aucune nouvelle à propos de l'afficheur sur la Télé ?

dsa

@bell.ca

Is 2.1.2514.2 the update ?

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3
reply to Mont

No! 2.1.2514.2

des

@bell.ca
reply to Raphzugen1

2.1.2514.2 is Fibe 2.2 ?

Martin
Premium
@bell.ca
reply to Mont

Noooooooooo!!!!! 2.1.2514.2

RickStep
Premium
join:2002-11-25
Hamilton, ON

said by Martin:

In the world that I grew up in, version numbers for anything don't care if the type is normal, bold or italics.

2.1.2514.2 = 2.1.2514.2; what did we miss.

Rick

urbang33k

Canada
reply to Mont

It sounds like this is gonna be rolled out in specific areas at first by postal code. No I dont know which postal codes first. I've been told its to reduce the potential of a STB recall if there is an major flaw discovered in the new firmware.
--

JoePro

join:2006-11-01
canada
reply to RickStep

said by RickStep:

said by Martin:

In the world that I grew up in, version numbers for anything don't care if the type is normal, bold or italics.

2.1.2514.2 = 2.1.2514.2; what did we miss.

Rick

I think he's trying to point out that build 2.1.2514.2 is not version 2.2 but version 2.1

Martin
Premium
@bell.ca
reply to Mont

En effet, je croyais avoir été assez clair! Mais ça tout l'air que non...

RickStep
Premium
Hamilton, ON

4 edits
reply to JoePro

said by JoePro:

I think he's trying to point out that build 2.1.2514.2 is not version 2.2 but version 2.1

I think that Martin doesn't understand version numbers and how companies release software.

Microsoft DirectX is a perfect example.

The table below from Wikipedia here:

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

is attached here:
downloadDirectX Versions.doc 9768 bytes
(DirectX Versions.doc.zip)

If anyone here including Martin, can explain how Microsoft's version numbers for DirectX relate to the DirectX releases; I will listen to complaints about Bell.

Otherwise; 2.1.2514.2 is version 2.2.

Live with it.

Rick

Edits: [att=1] or [att = 1] is flakey; no apologies

Notes for attachments:
1. Use the "[ att = #]" tag, where # is the attchment # (1, 2, 3, etc...) - just put the tag where you want it in the post...
2. If there are too many spaces, dslreports should remove them and still post the attachment.

I have used this flag many months, but since the dslreports Internet outage a few months back, this is the second time tried and the second time it didn't work the first time.

Mont

Saint-Leonard, QC

He's a technician at bell , i have the 2200 receivers and i almost check everyday for the 2.2 update since i have an issue with the 2262 that is supposed to be fixed with the update and the number is still at 2.1.2514.2 since this summer.

It seem that the 2.1.2514.2 is still Mediaroom 2.1 from what Telus and MTS update release numbers are since the first 2 digits define the update version.

You might be right but i noticed this so if im wrong let me know.

Martin
Premium
@bell.ca
reply to Mont

There an important bug with the new version 2.2, the deployment is delayed... I'll let you know.

Mont

Saint-Leonard, QC

Merci

urbang33k

Canada
reply to Mont

whats the bug?

Mont

Saint-Leonard, QC

Martin , tu as des nouvelles si la mise à jour graduelle a repris ?

Merci

RickStep
Premium
Hamilton, ON
reply to Martin

said by Martin:

There an important bug with the new version 2.2, the deployment is delayed... I'll let you know.

Martin is either being cute or being an ass.

I have already explained version numbers; now we need to know about the bug or is the bug smoke.

To Martin; Explain Please - Silence is not an answer.

Rick

Martin
Premium
@bell.ca
reply to Mont

Non malheureusement je n'ai pas de nouvelle encore...

Mont

Saint-Leonard, QC

Ok merci , j'ai remarqué que le menu de la video sur demande à un message qui dit que dans les prochaines il va être mis à jour , je suppose que ceci fait parti de 2.2.

iamquebecer

join:2012-07-21
reply to Mont

je viens de voir que j'aurais la version 2.2 de fibe télé, c'est écrit dans information systeme 2.2.28138.5

a part que je peux créer plus d'une liste dans le guide, j'ai pas remarqué grand chose d'autres!!!!!!!!!

Jack_Bauer

join:2012-06-30
Boisbriand, QC

Tu habites où?

urbang33k

Canada
reply to Mont

I dont read and write french. But just to clarify the new fibetv firmware for media room 2.2 is: 2.2.28138.6

i plugged in a pvr today it loaded this firmware.

SLAMtech

join:2009-12-03
reply to Mont

yea that's it. Seen it load yesterday.