spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TheGamer
join:2004-02-25
West Island

TheGamer

[Internet] Downloads not finishing

For the past few weeks all files that i download (via http) are not finishing. My download gets disconnected 80% to 99% through the download. It doesnt happen often to small files, but it happens to big files 90% of the time. It does this to me in Firefox and IE and i even tried a different router (same cable modem though) and the problem still persisted.

Anyone else getting this? Is videotron throttling me?
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

Did you try another PC ?

Do you have a anti-virus?

TheGamer
West Island

TheGamer

I use NOD32 anti virus and i have a software firewall (in addition to my hardware forewall router).

I just did a test on another computer in my home network and the same thing happens there, except it only paused for a few seconds and than finished the download (testing against »us.download.nvidia.com/W ··· whql.exe).

Guess its something on this comp :S Time to restore from an image backup.

Thanks for the help.
zadigre
Premium Member
join:2006-10-02
Montreal, QC

zadigre

Premium Member

I saw this kind of problem in the past with NOD32... you should try disabling the Internet filtering. If the problem is NOD32, it should fix the problem.

TheGamer
West Island

TheGamer

:O

That fixed it!

Thanks.

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate to TheGamer

to TheGamer
That's weird... we use Nod32 on all our work computers. Never had any kind of problems with it.

I guess that what you have was the "Internet Security Suite" or something like that??
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc

Using a download manager helps. You can download faster, and you can also (most of the time, when the server lets you) resume unfinished downloads.

TheGamer
West Island

2 edits

TheGamer

Ugh it started doing it again

Download manager doesnt fix it; even with multiple streams. The download is able to finish but it becomes corrupt and wont open.

EDIT: I upgraded NOD32 Antivirus to the latest version and i forgot to disable web protection. I just disabled it and so far so good (*knock on wood*).
GuiGQc
join:2012-02-22
Gatineau, QC

GuiGQc to TheGamer

to TheGamer
Are you downloading on a filehosting site like a "RapidShare"-like on a free account? Because on free accounts (or unregistered), you get very poor download speed and often get timed out.

TheGamer
West Island

TheGamer

It happens everywhere. Even on the nvidia website to download video drivers (and i get a 4MB /second download speed there)