Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

free transfers

notice all but one are pvp realms

We’re providing free transfers off of overpopulated source realms that are currently seeing high queue times. If you’re on one of the below realms and would like to avoid waiting in queues to play, you can take advantage of these free transfers. We’ve done our best to match realm types and time zones for a smooth transfer process.

We’re planning to allow the current transfers to go until approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT, October 4, but please note that if a large number of people transfer to a destination realm we may need to end the free transfers early. If you’re planning to transfer we recommend doing so sooner rather than later.

Please note that due to technical restrictions these free transfers are only able to be provided for individual characters, and not the guild transfer system. If you’d like to move your guild, as an option paid guild transfers can still take place, and individuals can then use the free transfers if they don’t mind re-gaining their guild reputation. With the changes to guild reputation gains in 5.0.4, it’s a fairly quick matter.

Free Transfers 9/27 – 10/4

To: Gundrak (Oceanic - PvP)

To: Mug’thol (Central – PvP)

To: Frostwolf (Pacific – PvP)

To: Velen (Eastern – PvP)

To: Bloodscalp (Mountain - PvP)

To: Dark Iron (Pacific - PvP)

To: Trollbane (Eastern - PvE)

To: Alterac Mountains (Eastern - PvP)

To take advantage of these transfers log into Account Management, select your World of Warcraft license, and at the bottom click on Free Character Migration. Eligible characters will be listed. Please see the Free Character Migration Disclaimers and FAQ for more info.

We’ll be continuing to closely monitor realm concurrency, and will provide updates should the above transfers be altered, or any new transfers become available.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

Would be nice if they had a chance to leave Mal'ganis.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

1 edit

McBrain

Would be nice if I could go from Kil'Jaeden to Nathrezim = /

I'm faction changing tonight...but I have mail in my mailbox so I have to wait in queue to clear it out so I can faction change.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

32 minute wait time...sigh. I might take the free transfer just so I can quest a little in peace before I transfer to Nathrezim.

You think that would work?
McBrain

McBrain to cymraeg

to cymraeg
Annnnnnnnnnnnd, I'm in!

Woot! 2 hrs just to empty my mailbox! Awesome. I totally feel you now Mettachain.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
love the new avatar, lol.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

I used to play on Mug'thol when it first opened (transferred from Azgalor) and stayed til the end of WotLK. That server is fucked and is a prime example of what is wrong with server populations control...or lack thereof. That server went from a nice 50ish/50ish balance of Horde/Alliance to Horde becoming ~ 96% when I finally left. What is the point in staying on a server...a PVP server..when a ratio is that bad.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer
I had to ditch the sPriest avatar = /. Went with something a little more...Magey-Magish...whatever.

I'm totally looking forward to hitting 90 this weekend...I reckon I'll get about 24-36 hours of play time in between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I hope that is enough.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

1 edit

Ginjer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg
It looks like there are some updated migration options. Can someone post a blue link on that? I am seeing it through various sites, but would rather see a good copied link then what I am seeing at sites like

The below may be European only. Not sure though.

»www.d3scene.com/forum/wo ··· ate.html

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Nothing more on official site.

quatra
Premium Member
join:2003-06-22
Matthews, NC

1 edit

quatra to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by cymraeg:

I used to play on Mug'thol when it first opened (transferred from Azgalor) and stayed til the end of WotLK. That server is fucked and is a prime example of what is wrong with server populations control...or lack thereof. That server went from a nice 50ish/50ish balance of Horde/Alliance to Horde becoming ~ 96% when I finally left. What is the point in staying on a server...a PVP server..when a ratio is that bad.

96% alliance I hope? because illidan is 99.999999% horde and the most overpopulated server in the US so lots of horde will be moving in. My "main" is on illidan and I haven't even tried to level him yet because the login queue is always 3000+

Edit: Mug'thol doesn't look too bad, yes it's 90% horde (soon to be 99% after the illidan people arrive) but it's #26 in progression w/15k pop (vs illidan's #1 w/70k pop).