Search similar:

uniqs
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

Vertical scrolling with latest Chromium while editing posts

To visit this site I'm using the latest Chromium browser (v23.0.1272.0). When I try to make a reply (or make a new post), I see that windows above editing control (showing list of old posts) is getting distorted by many horizontal lines added to it when I scroll the window vertically. Those lines added come from the bottom border of that window. Please take a look at this picture:

Horizontal lines, distorting the picture

I don't know who is responsible for the vertical scrolling problem (Chromium or web page code). But I know, that there is no such effect in IE7. There is no lines caught from top border when I scroll window down.

Please check...

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state

Mod

That's a browser issue.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

Perhaps. But why it doesn't happen in other cases. I can scroll up and down any page here (except the case I mentioned above) and there is no such effect.

Here is HTML code of the element in question:
<iframe style="margin-bottom: 1em; margin-top: 1em; border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;" align="CENTER" width="95%" height="200" scrolling="auto" src="/forum/r27564935-Vertical-scrolling-with-latest-Chromium-while-editing-posts;iframe=1#27568527">&lt;center&gt;(there should be an inline frame here)&lt;/center&gt;</iframe>

Could it be iframe style problem? Again, I don't see this effect in any other places... Only here.
OZO

OZO

Premium Member

Thank you for the fix!

Now I can see frame without the caught lines from bottom border.
OZO

OZO

Premium Member

The problem is back
Could you please check it again...
OZO

OZO

Premium Member

Running Iron v22.0.1250.0 (160000). Here is the same problem:

Iron v22.0.1250.0

To reproduce it, I'd suggest to to change horizontal size of the browser window and then use vertical scroll bar. Effect may appear or disappear depending of the width...