Mercurybird
Premium
join:2004-06-24
Hooks, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream

[WIN7] Taffers!

Hey this is a stumper- well, for me... I am using Win7 64-bit HP. In the lower right hand corner menu of the Desktop taskbar- you know, the stuff that's running. There appears an icon once in a while, out of the blue. It is an icon of an envelope with the flap up. It has an arrow pointing down into the open envelope.

I would think that it means that I have email waiting to be checked. But that is never the case. So I'm thinking that my email PRG needs to pack the mailbox folder. I use Thunderbird, and it has never told me that I need to pack the mail boxes.

As soon as my mouse cursor hoovers over it, without a click, it disappears. So what is it? Thanks.
--
Why do cement trucks and school buses go too fast?

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

This Icon?
Sorry its small, but is that the icon you are seeing?

If it is, that is the Thunderbird new e-mail icon.

With that being said, if you move the mouse over it, and it goes away, that could be because your "new" mail has either been read already, or moved to another folder automatically. You might want to check your incoming mail rules and see if you have something in place that would do that.

Also, if this is more of a Thunderbird question, you may want to request to the mods to move this to that forum, as that would be a better place to get your questions answered.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

Mercurybird
Premium
join:2004-06-24
Hooks, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Windstream
Yeah that's the one. Thanks for your reply. I see that yesterday was your anniversary for joining. Happy DSLR anniversary.

I'll do the request to the Mods.
--
Why do cement trucks and school buses go too fast?

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
You're welcome!

And yes, I just noticed that too. TWELVE years ago I joined DSLR. My how times have changed since then.

--Brian

moes

join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT
reply to Mercurybird
Make sure you check task manager and make sure it's not stuck running, Mine Loves to stick a bit and I have to force kill it. I get the noise and the envelop and I'm like wtf. then I kill it.