how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

squircle

join:2009-06-23
Oakville, ON
reply to jimmcgale

Re: [Cable] Start.ca offers but not Teksavvy in my area ?

Start uses the aggregated POI, meaning they serve all Rogers areas (Rogers carries their traffic to their interconnection point for them), whereas Teksavvy connects to POI's individually. All this means is that Teksavvy doesn't service the POI you're connected to. You can always ask in the direct forum to confirm, but if there's a separate POI for Bolton/Maple/Caledon, Teksavvy won't likely ever connect to it because they probably won't see a return on their investment any time in the future.

That being said, TSI's DSL availability will be the same as Start's as everybody plays by Bell's rules.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
said by squircle:

Start uses the aggregated POI, meaning they serve all Rogers areas (Rogers carries their traffic to their interconnection point for them), whereas Teksavvy connects to POI's individually.....

START also serves Cogeco's complete Ontario territory in the same manner (first Indie ISP to do so), and it seems to be working just fine, at least for me.

jimmcgale

@rogers.com
reply to squircle
Is it an advantage for Tek to be connected directly ? Does this circumvent the Rogers traffic management ?

rogersmogers

@start.ca
said by jimmcgale :

Is it an advantage for Tek to be connected directly ? Does this circumvent the Rogers traffic management ?

No it does not.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
reply to squircle
said by squircle:

Start uses the aggregated POI, meaning they serve all Rogers areas (Rogers carries their traffic to their interconnection point for them), whereas Teksavvy connects to POI's individually. All this means is that Teksavvy doesn't service the POI you're connected to. You can always ask in the direct forum to confirm, but if there's a separate POI for Bolton/Maple/Caledon, Teksavvy won't likely ever connect to it because they probably won't see a return on their investment any time in the future.

That being said, TSI's DSL availability will be the same as Start's as everybody plays by Bell's rules.

+1
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery
Authorized TSI Employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
@AndreCleroux - Follow me on Twitter

daeron

join:2012-05-11
Ottawa
reply to rogersmogers
Are you sure about that?
Since I've switched off rogers to Start I am no longer traffic shaped.

(Or you could have been responding to the first part of the message, not sure)

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
reply to jimmcgale
said by jimmcgale :

Their is no throttling on Start.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to jimmcgale
said by jimmcgale :

In theory it might be. For now Rogers has turned off the traffic management, so in practice it doesn't make much difference.
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems