spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

josh112112

@rogers.com

Rogers offering 80% for 2 years discount on internet...

After I called them up to cancel my services with them.
The catch is I MUST stay with ALL of their services for that 2 yr contract.

I was a little hesitant making this decision, but $14/month for extreme plus was pretty convincing although; a lot can happen in 2 years, so I hope my decision pans out in the long term.

Stalker42

join:2008-01-10
hohoho

Yeah I got the same deal I get 70% my Internet Ive got express and with the modem rental it come to $14.00 a month plus home phone and TV I have no complaints about Rogers had Bell here before them and the speeds I was getting sucked.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

You guys posts are living proof that Rogers can do it right if they want to.

If Rogers were to offer ALL their services at 50% off the currently advertised price as an everyday price nobody in Canada would have a problem with them.

Rogers #1 error has always been their outrageous pricing scheme. If consumers felt they were getting quality service at a FAIR Price nobody would complain period.

Price gouging has never worked for any business anywhere.........

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
reply to josh112112

Mate are you sure its 80%...because I think I can renew my discount from 70% to 80% if its true. What do you mean by ALL services, I thought it was only cable that you had to keep at reg price. Have they now included home phone and security system as well? Cause that would really make it not worth it for me at least.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to josh112112

I would like to see you post a copy of your next bill (personal information removed of course) to see if this plays out.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

This is totally legit. They've been doing this for quite some time now. Catch is that you have to keep TV and/or home phone services at full price for two years.

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
kudos:1

They offered me the same thing.. I still cancelled.. My speeds are inconsistant on Rogers ... The HD quality of the TV service is mediocre.. the only thing I had no complaints about was home phone.
--
"The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning." ~ Adlai E. Stevenson

iFly55

join:2010-01-19
canada
reply to josh112112

i talked to Rogers about the 70-80% discount, they advised i have to subscribe to their cable services

Right now i'm paying $99 (Ultimate) + $7 (Rental) + $50 (Overage)

Excld. overage in the 80% calculation, i'll save $84.80

But the cheapest Digital Basic would be $42.41 (incld. Modem Rental)

NOW, the biggest thing i'm worried about with regards to touching my account is that i'm still paying $50 for overage; i think if i were to add or change my plan i'll get bumped to the $100 overage

$100 overage would cancel out any sort of savings, so i think staying put... might be the way to go

Is anyone else still on the $50 overage?
--
All hail Conservative Overlords!

bellsdumb

@bell.ca

my dad made 600 payments...50 years time twelve he sold his house and asked to transfer his services he got stuck in india andx cancelled everything

Tkavil

join:2010-07-22
reply to josh112112

We got this deal too, I do believe they took off the current 20% we had.

travisc

join:2001-11-09
Uxbridge, ON
reply to bellsdumb

Rogers doesn't outsource to India.

Festeron

@rogers.com
reply to iFly55

said by iFly55:

Is anyone else still on the $50 overage?

Quote from my Rogers bill July 11:

Effective August 16, 2012 this monthly limit will be increased to $100...You will begin to see the charges up to the new limit beginning on your first invoice on or after September 16, 2012

So I hope you won't be surprised with your next bill.

Standby1

join:2012-10-01
reply to josh112112

Hey josh112112, when did you receive this offer (80% off) ? On Sep 29 ?

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to technocar2

I have 70% off of my VIP cable, pretty sure it mean keeping ALL services during the 2 year contract.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Dluckychance

@rogers.com
reply to josh112112

I too switched to the 80% Deal, it works out to be about a 33% overall discount for all 3 services (Phone, TV & Internet)....my 80% is taken off the Ultimate Internet which is the highest package out of the 3 and it works out to be $29.61 tax in.

caca

@rogers.com

i also did the 80% but for me it only saves me $6.00 not realy that great but i don`t know what kind of promotion they going to have in march thats when my contract was due so i might save more in long run or only change i guess i wont know

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

For me, with Express Internet, 80% off for 2 years on Internet only was not worth it if you have to pay full price for cable and home phone. I was able to get 25% off all cable (we have VIP ultimate with TMN) plus a free PVR rental, 25% off Internet plus free modem rental and 25% off home phone on a 2-year term.

sabio

join:2012-10-09
Newmarket, ON

1 edit

I joined this site just to reply to this post (and this thread)

I called customer service to complain, I made it clear that that I was unhappy and had intentions of leaving for other providers.
I was offered a chance to speak with customer relations (retention)

I asked about 2 years contract promos, they have 3 of them.
All 3 negate any current discount you have.
They only effect T.V , Internet and Home Phone.

The contracts run for 2 years, then you revert back to your current programs, including discounts. If you have a 10 or 15% discount now, you will still get it later.
You current programs also stay intact, you don;t have to sign up at a 'New' rate when the 2 years is up. If you have $48 a month Express Internet now, it will still be $48 in 2 years.

The value of each promo is dependent on what programs you currently subscribe too. Wireless is not included.

The only kicker is that if you are a wireless user and lose your discount...it effects the value of the promo.

1: 80% off internet. Lose all other discounts on T.V and Home Phone

2: 60% T.V . Lose all other discounts on Internet and Home Phone

3: 20% off ALL. 1 Free PVR Box and 1 Free HD Box and 1 free Modem

I use Roger wireless. I would lose the $17 discount I get, but would save $24 - ish. Not a huge deal.

It would benefit me in such that I could get MORE for the same money. I could get MORE T.V and/or MORE Internet and only pay a fraction more.
If I choose the 20/20/20
I could upgrade my T.V and Internet and only pay a few bucks more. Free Boxes and Modem.

Or pick the 80% off. take the $120 Ultimate, but pay full price for the rest...??????

Do some math. figure out the best deal for you.

Anyways

Cheers!

steveei

join:2012-07-17
reply to josh112112

Hey guys, I too did get 75% off my Ultimate package, but I called back a few days later to check if I did indeed have it on my account, and I DID NOT have it on my account, the lady told me the 70-80% only works from Extreme PLUS and below. That is BS. I clearly signed a verbal agreement on the phone that is 24 months of keeping my Internet and Cable with them for 75% off my Ultimate Internet package. She kept refusing, so I think you guys should actually check if you guys are actually getting the 70-80% off your internet if your getting the Ultimate package. Right now im paying the original cost of Ultimate 99.99/month, meanwhile when I called to cancel it she said I would be getting 75% off the Ultimate Internet package. I am talking to a manger tomorrow, because that is ridiculous.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to sabio

said by sabio:

If you have $48 a month Express Internet now, it will still be $48 in 2 years.

Most of your post sounded right, but this is flat out wrong. You'll get hit with whatever price increases happen over the 2 years, it's your $ or % discount that will remain the same. Rogers won't lock in an actual price for cable service.

steveei

join:2012-07-17
reply to josh112112

Hey guys, I too did get 75% off my Ultimate package, but I called back a few days later to check if I did indeed have it on my account, and I DID NOT have it on my account, the lady told me the 70-80% only works from Extreme PLUS and below. That is BS. I clearly signed a verbal agreement on the phone that is 24 months of keeping my Internet and Cable with them for 75% off my Ultimate Internet package. She kept refusing, so I think you guys should actually check if you guys are actually getting the 70-80% off your internet if your getting the Ultimate package. Right now im paying the original cost of Ultimate 99.99/month, meanwhile when I called to cancel it she said I would be getting 75% off the Ultimate Internet package. I am talking to a manger tomorrow, because that is ridiculous.

sabio

join:2012-10-09
Newmarket, ON
reply to josh112112

I was wrong.

If you take the 20-20-20 deal. You DO NOT lose your Wireless Discount!

I keep my 15% off for Wireless. And I get an extra 5% off the other 3. Plus the Boxes and Modem free.

So really. Not bad .

StartIsForMe

join:2011-10-13
Mississauga, ON
reply to josh112112

Thanks for posting this info. I called asking for Custom Retention who transferred me to Customer Relations.

I was able to get $10 of my Rogers home phone bill and $20 off the Rogers Internet Extreme bill.

I was paying $130 a month and now $94 for 12 months (internet 6 months) taxes included.

I was told after 6 months to call back regarding renewing the Internet discount.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to steveei

said by steveei:

I'd definitely call back and double check that. I'm getting 70% off Ultimate, and have been for several billing cycles so can say for certain this is the case.

Ree

h0h0h0
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to StartIsForMe

said by StartIsForMe:

I was told after 6 months to call back regarding renewing the Internet discount.

Are you on a 1 year contract that has a 6 months discount? If so I was told the same thing by one agent, and after calling back to confirm because it sounded like BS, was told by another agent that they will absolutely NOT renew the discount for the remainder of the contract.

He even pointed out they have no incentive for doing so. You either pay the full price for the rest of the contract, or you leave but pay a nice penalty...it's win win for them.

elitefx

London, ON

4 edits

1 recommendation

reply to sabio

I don't understand why a lot of folks on here take the word of a Rogers CSR like it's bible truth. It's been proven time after time that CSRs ,for the most part, don't have a clue what they're talking about.

We know Rogers sole purpose is to get the customer's business at any cost. We know they will lie, cheat and go to any length to deceive us.

Are we that desperate? Wake up people. They're just telling you what they think you want to hear.

Rogers is not in the business of giving away free services. If they're giving you a big discount it's because you're paying way to much monthly for what you're getting from Rogers anyway. Think about it, $100/month plus for TV channels and an internet connection? Laughable. Only it's Rogers that's laughing.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

said by elitefx:

We know Rogers sole purpose is to get the customer's business at any cost. We know they will lie, cheat and go to any length to deceive us.

Making outright libels’ statements is VERY foolish. Since you feel so strongly about Rogers business practices hire a lawyer and take them to court.

elitefx

London, ON

4 edits

said by mozerd:

Making outright libels’ statements is VERY foolish. Since you feel so strongly about Rogers business practices hire a lawyer and take them to court.

well Mr. mozerd, it would seem the Government of Canada by way of the Competition Bureau strongly disagrees with your position. I merely reiterate facts as presented to me by newspaper accounts and various posts and links in this forum.

In 2010:

“Consumers deserve accurate information when making purchasing decisions and need to have confidence they are not being misled by false advertising campaigns,” said Melanie Aitken, Commissioner of Competition after the Competition Bureau determined that advertising for Rogers' Chatr was "misleading."

And in 2012:

»www.thestar.com/business/compani···ers?bn=1

»business.financialpost.com/2012/···ervices/

»www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/···498.html

ultron

join:2012-09-23
Pointe-A-La-Croix, QC
reply to josh112112

Does the discount apply to usage overcharges aswell?

Ree

h0h0h0
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by ultron:

Does the discount apply to usage overcharges aswell?

Based on the one bill with overages that I have received, no it does not apply.