All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Crowbar10
join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON

Crowbar10 to erfans

to erfans

Re: [Cable] Need help here since TSI chose to ignore me.

Sorry and all that , but ..... You're responsible for inside wiring not TSI . TSI supplied you with an internet connection ... that's all you pay them for . What Robbers did before is irrelevant . If you want to move your modem after the fact then that's not their problem ...

BronsCon
join:2003-10-24
Fairfield, CA

1 edit

BronsCon

While you're absolutely correct, someone at TSI should have told him that in the last 10 days.

EDIT: Whoops, it looks like my 'reply to' didn't show up. This was in reply to Crowbar1's post directly above mine. TSI Jonathan, sorry for the confusion.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to Crowbar10

to Crowbar10
said by Crowbar10:

Sorry and all that , but ..... You're responsible for inside wiring.

True for DSL/phone. Not true for Cable.

anon user
@teksavvy.com

anon user to Crowbar10

Anon

to Crowbar10
Regardless of who is responsible for the wires inside the house, Teksavvy has the responsibility to help their customers. In this case, either help move the wires or provide a list of approved contractors that will help him at his cost. Ignoring him because they are incompetent at running their business is not acceptable.

Also, I have multiple cables coming into my basement. Previous owners had Rogers home phone which they pulled a dedicated line in for, also is labelled.

XoX
join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

XoX

said by anon user :

Regardless of who is responsible for the wires inside the house, Teksavvy has the responsibility to help their customers. In this case, either help move the wires or provide a list of approved contractors that will help him at his cost. Ignoring him because they are incompetent at running their business is not acceptable.

Also, I have multiple cables coming into my basement. Previous owners had Rogers home phone which they pulled a dedicated line in for, also is labelled.

Nope... They do not have to provide him with anything if it's not something they are not responsible for it.

Doing something like you said mean they are endorsing these company and i am pretty sure that is not something they want to do because they could be hold responsible if thing goes sour.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by XoX:

said by anon user :

Nope... They do not have to provide him with anything if it's not something they are not responsible for it.

Doing something like you said mean they are endorsing these company and i am pretty sure that is not something they want to do because they could be hold responsible if thing goes sour.

+1

TekSavvy can't legally deal with wiring issues until the day when they actually own the wires, or at least operate their own last-mile network. Their error in this case appears to be lack of communication, not lack of action. If you want to move your modem upstairs, move it upstairs and run a cable to it. Better yet, leave it where it is and get the internet connection upstairs via Cat5 or even your electrical system: »www.amazon.com/Netgear-X ··· 0008I9KJ

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to BronsCon

Premium Member

to BronsCon
said by BronsCon:

While you're absolutely correct, someone at TSI should have told him that in the last 10 days.

Depending on if the OP placed the order himself or over the phone with us. It is stated in our terms and conditions which we read to every single customers when we place an order for them over the phone. If the OP placed it online he is required to agree that he read and understands the terms and conditions which states exactly:

"TekSavvy or any of its agents or third party providers are only responsible to bring/provide service to the locations demarcation point. Under no circumstance or condition are any of the above responsible for any inside wiring, internal repairs or equipment."

We make sure our customers are well aware of this prior to start with the order.

Thank you,

BronsCon
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

I was actually agreeing that TSI is not and should not be liable for the customer's inside wiring. However, that doesn't get you off the hook for not replying to the guy for 10 days, which is the point I was making. It doesn't take 10 days to tell the guy "read the terms you agreed to, it's not our responsibility".

You should know from previous threads that I'm a huge supported (though maybe a bit outside your service area) of TSI as a company. I've said (and proven) time and again that, as part of this, I'm also willing to point out where you've screwed up and why your actions were wrong. This is one of those times.

I don't think there's anything to do here, as far as fixing the issue for the customer, other than apologizing for not getting back to him in a timely manner, so after you've done that, perhaps consider implementing a policy requiring that all open tickets be contacted at least once in the first 24hr and at least once in every 48hr period thereafter, until the ticket is closed. Even if that contact is simply an email stating "we haven't forgotten about you", that would go a long way in cases like this one.

TSI Support1
TSI Support
Premium Member
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON

TSI Support1

Premium Member

However, that doesn't get you off the hook for not replying to the guy for 10 days, which is the point I was making. It doesn't take 10 days to tell the guy "read the terms you agreed to, it's not our responsibility".

Absolutely agree with this! And we are working very hard on trying to correct our resolution times. I really like the "we haven't forgotten about you" email idea.

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to BronsCon

Premium Member

to BronsCon
My bad BronsCon, I read your message wrong. I understand what you mean and yes we definitely are in the wrong for not responding to him in a timely manner. We got behind on emails and they were coming as fast as we were answering them. We are actually fully caught up as of yesterday and are responding within 24hrs now.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edit: the we haven't forgotten about you is a great idea! Definitely will keep that in mind if we run behind again.

BronsCon
Fairfield, CA

BronsCon

Nah, you read it right, the 'reply to' line was missing so it read as though I was replying to OP. I had to go back and correct that. No worries, it happens.

Glad to see that you like my idea. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement, with a sane ticketing system, but I'm not sure what you guys are using. There's nto way it would ever happen with the ticketing system I'm forced to work with; and my company develops these kinds of things!! Hopefully I'll be allowed to do a rewrite soon...