how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pdxsk

@auburnwa.gov
reply to pdxsk

Re: [Troubleshooting] MiFi 4620L Firmware Won't Update

Here's the release notes on 3.20.11 from the Verizon website: »support.verizonwireless.com/pdf/···620l.pdf

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
reply to Oregonian

Today I too was successfully able to update to firmware version 3.20.11.

Finally!

Oregonian
Premium
West Linn, OR
reply to pdxsk

Looks like some worthwhile updates.

Thanks for posting.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to Oregonian

is that pushed to the Jet?

Oregonian
Premium
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast

I still had to go into the web interface and have it check for updates but then I didn't really give it time to find the update on its own. I just turned it on and told it to update. Worked for me the first time I tried it after many unsuccessful tries at the previous version of the update.

pdxsk

@auburnwa.gov
reply to Jim_in_VA

I did setup a 4620LE today, where it did just come 'over the air' to the device and it prompted me to update.

pioneer56

join:2008-03-21
Michigan
reply to Oregonian

Had to check a couple times, but it finally found the update and installed.

jcharr1

join:2007-05-16
Monterey, LA
reply to Oregonian

One small but nice change I noticed is that 1xRTT now actually shows up on the screen as 1X now instead of 3G. For some reason, one of my Mifis updated fine OTA, but the other I had to download and install over USB.

pioneer56

Michigan
reply to Oregonian

Did anyone else notice that it is hard to turn the power back on when it is plugged into the charger without pressing the power button too long and restarting the unit or powering it off again? It doesn't do it when on battery only though.

jcharr1

join:2007-05-16
Monterey, LA

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought mine were broken at first. It turns out that that it just takes a good bit longer between when you press the power button until it actually powers on if it's plugged in. If it's been plugged in for a while on the battery screen, then pressing the power button makes it come on immediately like normal. The delay happens if you either plug it in and immediately try to turn it on, or if it's plugged in, turn it off, and then immediately try to turn it back on again when the battery display comes up. Weird.

pioneer56

Michigan
reply to Oregonian

Good, it isn't just my device then!