spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Vespasian70
@windstream.net

Vespasian70

Anon

[Troubles] DSL Latency Issues Newark OH

I've been getting during peak times (4pm-12am) DL speeds anywhere from 10 kbs to 80 kps and only achieving my subscribed speed of 12 mbps after 12 am, lasting until around 6 am. Lately during peak hours the speeds are abysmal and the internet is useless, sometimes even shutting down.

I've been told there is an open ticket for outage, but have gotten no ETA when it will be fixed.

Does anyone have any info about this??
vespasian70
join:2012-09-27
Newark, OH

vespasian70

I've registered with the forum since typing the above post, just in case anyone has more info and wishes to share it.
blemert
join:2002-10-10
Granville, OH

blemert to Vespasian70

to Vespasian70
It's been like this for most of Newark/Granville for months. Please let me know if anyone contacts you directly.
Furydeath
join:2010-06-03

Furydeath to Vespasian70

to Vespasian70
That what our's has been for about 3 weeks now. Good till about 6 PM then it slowly turns to crap and by 9PM I can't even load a web page loan play a game or do a speed test lowest i've gotten was 9 kb/s out of our 6 MB plan. We called in today again and they said it's on there end and it should be fixed "soon" aka proably some time after 12-31-2013.
vespasian70
Newark, OH

vespasian70 to Vespasian70

to Vespasian70
I was supposed to get a call back but haven't yet. I'm paying for 12 mbps and only get that after midnight or 1am.

In a market where Time Warner Cable is competing with them this is not good.
Furydeath
join:2010-06-03

Furydeath to Vespasian70

to Vespasian70
YA I"m just waiting for the day we can switch to TWC it will be nice to finally play games at any time of day and surf the internet in the evening and not have to wait till 3 AM.
vespasian70
Newark, OH

vespasian70 to Vespasian70

to Vespasian70
I just wanted to update my latency problem. It's a month later and as of this past weekend it has been fixed! I've been pulling 12 something mbps consistently every hour of the day for the last 4 days.

I called Windstream yesterday and they did indeed say my open ticket had been closed and the issue resolved.

Thanks to the techs who made this happen!
kigerb
join:2012-10-23

kigerb

Looks like I'll have to make a call, ours has flat out dropped for sometimes 20 to 30 minutes at a time. When it comes back up I'm lucky to see 1mbps