how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andya2

join:2003-08-23
v9mw9

Wireless Hotspot Hardware

Hi I figured this might be one better forums I'm look for router that Does hotspot in Firmware with out 3 party Hack Firmware

It need do rates with 1 yrs terms and External Athena I was think of maybe router board plus wireless card and External Athena I was wonder if any one had any suggestions with something like Mono wall or pf sense need the ability to set long term and limited amount devices depend on account ?

dongato17
VIP
join:2000-07-28
Atlanta, GA
Hi andya,

Hotspot is a pretty general term really. Are you looking for an AP that does everything (captive portal, billing, user signup, etc.)? Or do you have a server to do these things already and just need an AP with captive portal that is compatible?

-Hal
--
Harold Bledsoe

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
reply to andya2
APs are just APs, nothing more. Since you mention m0n0wall and pfsense, both of those to hotspot and don't require any 3rd party stuff loaded onto APs.

I have a dozen or so APs and my hotspot is managed with m0n0wall.

Take a look at Ubiquiti uniFi for a complete system.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

andya2

v9mw9
reply to dongato17
I was look for more controller access and the ability to disable users pay will done before hand so no bill etc sign up they will be made and give to the user but it be nice options was they

I hope for more inter grated solutions with out a server but could have small server if needed

I was look at »www.meraki.com Winch seem to be pretty well setup planed I just not sure how feel about whole Cloud control I would preferred to keep it local

andya2

v9mw9
reply to LLigetfa
I"m wait for price on Ubiquity Unfi is pretty good stable?

I was think Router board with Some good outdoor Acess Points Avoid whole cloud control and maintain control of it

How do you find monowall for be reliability?

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to andya2
Avoid Meraki, they will get you on their portal charges. they are NOT cheap when it comes to using their dashboard.