MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to WK2

MVM

to WK2

Re: New Rev I Router!

said by WK2:

I find when you try to active the RevI, you should reboot ur ONT.

Have you tried releasing your DHCP lease?
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I release my DHCP lease? Why would I need to?

It should not be necessary to reboot the ONT.

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium Member
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA

stevek1949

Premium Member

said by More Fiber:

said by WK2:

I find when you try to active the RevI, you should reboot ur ONT.

Have you tried releasing your DHCP lease?
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I release my DHCP lease? Why would I need to?

It should not be necessary to reboot the ONT.

I just copied the config from the Rev D to the Rev I, released the DHCP address, powered off, installed the new, turned it on. Worked first time. Did not reboot the ONT.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to More Fiber

Premium Member

to More Fiber
I released the DHCP on mine. The others just needed an ONT reboot according to the tech(s) I spoke to.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to stevek1949

MVM

to stevek1949
said by stevek1949:

I just copied the config from the Rev D to the Rev I, released the DHCP address, powered off, installed the new, turned it on. Worked first time. Did not reboot the ONT.

This is a surprise, since the MAC address or something else in the router that created the config file is specified in the config file. In recent versions of firmware (last 2 years at least), the router restoring the config has recognized the difference and pops up an error message to the effect of incompatible file.

Since the config file is encrypted, I cannot compare the contents.

A config file, in my experience can only be reloaded on the specific router, not just the model of router, that created it. Going from D to I is really a surprise.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

I assumed stevek1949 See Profile meant "copied" in the generic sense of applying any customized settings to the new router rather than physically copying the config file from one router to the other. If he did that, I'd be very surprised also.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Not possible to copy config files between BHR's, even within the same BHR generation. The config file is encrypted to the original BHR. The OP meant he copied over the settings by hand.